Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Cash Out Refi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Texas Cash Out Refi

My wife and I were recently (1month ago) added through warranty deed to my mother in laws home a year after my father in law passed. She has since moved and there is no existing mortage against the home. Would my wife and I be able to get a cash out refinance approved? Or, is there a waiting period for the chain of title since we were just added to the deed? I plan to speak with a lender soon, but wanted to do some preliminary research. Thank you,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Texas Cash Out Refi

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I were recently (1month ago) added through warranty deed to my mother in laws home a year after my father in law passed. She has since moved and there is no existing mortage against the home. Would my wife and I be able to get a cash out refinance approved? Or, is there a waiting period for the chain of title since we were just added to the deed? I plan to speak with a lender soon, but wanted to do some preliminary research. Thank you,

Hi there.

I don't have an answer for you but wanted to welcome you to the forums.

There are some real mortgage gurus who visit this board and hopefully one of them will come along soon and be able to help.

Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

as long as you are on title the day of loan application, you are fine.

Texas has squirly rules on cash outs.... but this is an easy one to answer

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

as long as you are on title the day of loan application, you are fine.

Texas has squirly rules on cash outs.... but this is an easy one to answer

I told you someone would come along!!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick responses and the welcome to the forum.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.