Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you all! Things look good for a refi close on Monday

tag
betterdays2011
Contributor

Thank you all! Things look good for a refi close on Monday

Let me just say this is the greatest site ever, and this board is pretty terrific too.  After stressing for months about whether to pull the trigger and refinance two mortgages into one, due to concerns about our current debt load and even the value of our home (our scores looked okay) we finally did and everything has gone amazingly smoothly.  After some lag time in getting a GFE (about four days) from our LO, he pulled one together quickly that looked good to us. 

When he actually pulled our credit our mid-scores were a bit better than what I had seen here because I think the bank is using the new special mortgage scores.  anyway, we were able to get this going for fewer points.  I faxed off our financial lives to the LO and 24 hours later I had the paper work in hand with a lock in guarantee.

The appraisal happened late last week and we just got a copy of the report and the house appraised for much more than I had hoped or we needed!  So excited about that.

Anyway, all looks great for settlement Monday afternoon.  Thank you all for helping remove much of the mystery around the mortgage application process.

Message Edited by betterdays2011 on 04-08-2009 12:41 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you all! Things look good for a refi close on Monday

That's great. Best of luck for a smooth closing!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.