Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks MyFico - 1st Home Offer Submitted

tag
Way
Contributor

Thanks MyFico - 1st Home Offer Submitted

First - This community is fantastic.  I started lurking here in the fall of 2011.  I registered in January 2012 and the knowledge I've gained through this site has been invaluable.  Going back just a bit over 2 years ago - I'd never financed a car.  I had no credit cards.  I had 13 different accounts in collections.  Today I have zero negative items in my credit file.  Three installment loans and 5 revolving lines with a perfect payment history stretching back a little more than 2 years.

And most importantly....I'm preapproved for a mortgage.

So my wife and I are a nervous wreck.  We've been shopping for a few weeks and have seen many houses we like, but none of them made us go "this one."  We were starting to think it was just time to take the best of the best and pick one.  Then it happened...At the property that we least expected, we fell in love.  (not ideal when you're buying).  We finally got the formal offer in last night.  The home has only been on the market for 11 days, so I'm not sure how much the seller is willing to move just yet.  It was listed $174,500 and we went in at $172,000, home warranty, and $6500 to my closing cost.  All told, that's just over a 5% net cut for the seller.  I think that's pretty reasonable and the market here seems to sell around 6% under list on average.  Our realtor thought we could even start a little lower, but we didn't want to get overly aggressive.

Now we're sitting around like anxious children waiting for a response....

Home Depot - $14300 | Care Credit - $11000 | CCUFL - $10000 | Penfed - $7500 | BECU - $7500 | DCU - $7500 | Overstock - $7200 | Discover it Miles - $5500 | Amex Hilton Aspire - $5100 | Discover it Cash Back - $4200 | Cap One QS1 - $2000 | WF Cashwise - $2000 | Apple - $2000 | Citi AA - $1500 | Amazon - $1200 | Sync Car Care - $1200 | Amex Delta Gold - $1000 | Amex BCP - $1000 | Barclay's Apple - $1000 | Cap One QS1 - $850 | Lowes - $500 | Bealls - $350 | Kohls - $300 | Target - $300
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

Re: Thanks MyFico - 1st Home Offer Submitted

Congrats!  I concur that this site is amazing with all different walks of life and we are all striving for that one goal of excellent credit and homeowners. You have a whole team here rooting you on to close.

Message 2 of 4
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Good luck! You're on your way! The waiting is absolutely the worse part of this entire progress.

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats and good luck

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.