Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The LO wants us to write letters?

tag
SuzyStellar
Contributor

The LO wants us to write letters?

OK I think we are almost there.  I talked to our loan officer today, he told me to have my husband write a letter explaining an old $111 bill that was sitting on his credit report.  I was to excited, and forgot to ask him what this letter is supposed to say.  We are really stumped, anyone have any idea what we should be doing with this letter?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: The LO wants us to write letters?

@SuzyStellar wrote:

OK I think we are almost there.  I talked to our loan officer today, he told me to have my husband write a letter explaining an old $111 bill that was sitting on his credit report.  I was to excited, and forgot to ask him what this letter is supposed to say.  We are really stumped, anyone have any idea what we should be doing with this letter?  Thanks!

Not trying to sound redundant or anything, but it means exactly what is sounds like it means. Write a letter explaining why you have $111 collection/derogatory account on your credit file. They need this documented for their purposes.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Just keep it brief, you don't need to go into alot of detail.  Don't overexplain.

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 3 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

@mamahearts wrote:

Just keep it brief, you don't need to go into alot of detail.  Don't overexplain.

+1   Never over inform the underwriter.   If you don't know why it's on your report just say so.  Underwriters don't spend a lot of time reading these letters.  It's just another condition that needs to be checked off the laundry list.

Message 4 of 5
FrugalRican
Blogger

@namvet wrote:

@mamahearts wrote:

+1   Never over inform the underwriter.   If you don't know why it's on your report just say so.  Underwriters don't spend a lot of time reading these letters.  It's just another condition that needs to be checked off the laundry list.

+1

+1

Whatever they asked is exactly what you type up, nothing more, nothing less.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.