Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official NACA mortgage thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Official NACA mortgage thread

CH13 and CH7 are two different things when it comes to getting a mortgage.  CH13 you can actually get approved after making 1 yrs worth of payments while in your plan through FHA.  Not sure what NACAs requirements are for ch 13.

I am impatiently waiting on the status of my offer on my dream house in my price range Smiley Happy

Tammy

Message 3391 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my, well Congrats are in order missy!  Hopefully your non response means you are busy busy busy moving in!  

Message 3392 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

NewHope,

Did you leave a congrats to me and I didn't respond??? SorrySmiley Surprised  I am over joyed in my new digs and I am just about finished moving in.  Blessed, Blessed Blessed am I !  I still can't believe it.  I wlk up to the door and you can't pry the smile off of my face.

Peace and Blessings!

Message 3393 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

Naca fam...I could really use some advice.

My husband & I attended the workshop back in December 2009.  Our first intake is scheduled for June 29, next month.  I'm considering canceling the appointment for several reasons.

1.  We had not had a insufficient funds fee in well over a year...and just as my luck would have it, we miscalculated a transaction & bounced a check.  We deposited the funds in the bank that same day but it still shows the insufficient funds fee.  Sigh.  This happened 2 weeks ago.

2.  We do not have anything saved for MRF right now.  Our daughter is going to college soon so we've used much of our savings on prom, graduation, and college fees.  We plan to begin focusing heavily on savings again the first of next month.

3.  My husband has a judgment against him that we are in the process of paying back.  We've only made $600 worth of payments on a $2000 debt so far.  We had hoped to pay this off prior to the intake session with my yearly bonus from work...unfortunantely I did not receive a bonus this year.

Should we even bother going to the intake meeting?  I had hoped to walk in there prepared but now it seems like everything is going down hill.  We've been hit with one diappointment after another the last few months & I'm not sure I can take anymore rejection.  I was considering canceling the appointment & rescheduling later this year once we can get things in better order or is it best to go & begin the process and see what happens?

Message 3394 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

ohsosteph,

Please go!

Lay out your plan with your MC.  There are so bills that may not have to be paid too!  Let your counselor steer you on this.  I would go, and then get a reasonablwe date in your head when you will be able to purchase a home.  Keep coming back to the thread and you know we will help out too!

Message 3395 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a counter!!  Now we submitted our counter Smiley Happy  Praying they  accept!

Tammy

Message 3396 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

mommyof3monkeys

I'm praying with  you!Smiley Tongue

Message 3397 of 4,793
1gr8deal
Valued Member

Hi All....

I have been reading and reading and.... well you get the idea. My daughter and I have an appointment for the workshop, we will be dealing with the Tampa FL office. The only problem is this office is 3 hours away from us. How many times and how often must we make this trip? It entails a day out of work for both of us and traveling with small children. Are there any more local options? We are on the east coast.

1gr8deal 

Message 3398 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do have to be prepared to make a few trips.  I am actually going through the Tampa office now.   You have to go for the workshop. Then your one on one counseling.  Then you have to go volunteer once before getting your purchase paperwork.  Technically you have to go to get your purchase paperwork but counselor was an angel and emailed it so I didn't have to go.  Then you have to volunteer before closing.  Then closing.  However I think if  you are buying a banked owned home you are allowed to used a different closing company or something due to it being bank  owned so then you would not have to go to Tampa then I would think.  Not sure about that process yet.  We are working on getting an offer on a house accepted for now.  So far we have been three  times.  Need to volunteer one more time and maybe closing so it will be either four or five times for us.

Tammy

Message 3399 of 4,793
1gr8deal
Valued Member

Thank you for your prompt and helpful answer. Now to ask you more question Smiley Tongue

How did you find the Tampa office to work with? Are they fairly organized and friendly? Do we both (my daughter and I) need to go to volunteer? Or is one volunteer per loan allowed? Can we do these appt. on weekends? My daughter is an RN in CVICU and is on call most of the time so she needs to be within a certain distance of the hospital. That makes it hard to travel. She will be giving birth to a baby girl in July so we will have a newborn to deal with also.

Thanks for your help as we try to navigate these waters!

1gr8deal

Message 3400 of 4,793
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.