Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official NACA mortgage thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Official NACA mortgage thread

NACA is great for buying a new home. They help you out with the process and everything else. I completly recommend this program and would like to thank NACA fro my new home.

Message 4161 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

NACA is definitely a great program. If you have the patience to follow instructions and do what is required, you will not regret it one bit. It tooks us about 1 year to get qualified but the wait was worth it. Thanks NACA!

Message 4162 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too agree how awesome Naca is. I never thought i would be a homeowner right now. I was tired of being duped by renters and really wanted to have my own. But the money needed toward down payment and closing cost made my hopes of buying a home a dream. But my co-worker told me about Naca and i was really skeptical, thinking this is too good to be true. I attended a workshop in march. Met with my counselor. frequently and faithfully submitted all necessary documents and i became qualified in august. i bought my home in december. This program is real and i am a living testimony that buying a home can be your reality.

Message 4163 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to a NACA workshop in Woodbridge, VA in November 2013.  Followed the process of submitting documents via their on-line counseling.
In May of 2014 we were approved! With approval in our pocket, we shopped for a home in the Richmond area.
The process of submitting an offer to closing is very well laid out and thoroughly protective of the home-buyer. Once we went to closing in July, we were very confident that we not only would close without a hitch, we would also be able to afford the monthly costs.
For the first time home buyer - especially if you do not have a down payment in the bank - this is the way to go!

Message 4164 of 4,793
yniwgi
New Visitor

I successfully purchased my home through a NACA loan in January 2014. I am very grateful to be a NACA homeowner. I was able to purchase my home without any money down at a very low mortgage rate. This offer is not too good to be true. You do need to make sure that you are willing to do the work necessary to become Naca qualified. The process of approval can take a significant period of time. The process was to ensure that I was qualified to repay the loan. There were even additional funds available to help pay for the rehab of the property if required.

Message 4165 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

I researched at least half a dozen programs and spoke with several people before a coworker told me about NACA. I completed the NACA Homebuyer program April 2015, now I am the proud owner of a new (new construction) home thanks to the NACA program. My mortgage including property tax is less than what I was paying for a 1 bedroom apartment. The program will take some time, but the end results will be well worth the effort. The NACA program prepares you to be a homeowner by doing everything possible to make sure you’re ready for the obligation of owning a home. The most important thing you should remember is that patients and persistence is the key. Keep all your paperwork available and ready to send via email at a moment’s notice. The program is real and it does work as long as you’re willing to work for what you really want.

Thank you NACA and Staff for helping me reach my goal.

Message 4166 of 4,793
Dovick
New Visitor

NACA worked for me!  Just closed on a home with a Bank of America mortgage with a great rate, no down, no closing costs, no PMI.  I have a great home in a great community with great schools for me and my kids.  The process takes time and you have to be patient but those of us with less than perfect credit must do more than others.  I recommend this program to everyone!

Message 4167 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

I began the NACA process last October attending the home purchase workshop. I was still a little nervous about purchasing my first home so I did not immediately start working with a counselor but by the holidays I was in the full swing of things and was approved by the end of January.

In a little over a week, I will be closing on my home. It is a gorgeous 4 bedroom in a great neighborhood and my mortgage has a really low interest rate (2.875%). The NACA program was a great help to me because I have a very affordable mortgage without having to put down a significant down payment or pay PMI. I have not really had issues come up during my process but if you are, just be patient and proactive with your file and you will get approved!

Message 4168 of 4,793
daandre

Does my wife have to be on the mortgage if I go through Naca?
Message 4169 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I are first-time home-buyers and heard about the NACA program through a colleague who had great success with it. The absolute key to making this program work for you is to be organized and assertive. Know that the process will be tedious, but having all of your paperwork constantly in order, uploading documents as soon as you receive them, researching and being mindful of all of the rules and regulations, and keeping communication with your counselors open will save you many headaches. You must take ownership of your own file and be an advocate for yourself - you cannot expect NACA to do everything for you. Re-send things if requested (even if you've sent them before) and keep in mind that the end result is absolutely worth any logistical or administrative headaches. There is no other program like this out there, but you need to decide whether or not you are willing to put in the work necessary to obtain such an unbelievable mortgage. Everything is in your hands!

Message 4170 of 4,793
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.