Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official NACA mortgage thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Official NACA mortgage thread

Thanks to NACA I am the first in my immediate family to own a home. It did take some time but that only helped me in the long run as I learned to budget and lower my debt. Some of my friends didnt think it would work and they chose other mortgage carriers. I stuck with NACA because a coworker of mine had closed on his house a year earlier with a great rate. There's a method to the madness
listen and be patient and you too can own a home just like me. By the way my rate was way better than my friends that didn't wait. NACA rocks!
Message 4171 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations on your approval letter, I went through that process not long ago after your inspection, your inspector will send pic and report to NACA Hand Department after they  review the report and have everything repair on the list you have the green light for your signing your almost there it is worth it i got my interest rate at 1% my process lasted 5 months so dont give up and good luck..

Message 4172 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

NACA was such a great program! We went through the process in Oakland, California. NACA made our dream come true! {Edited to remove personal information} was the best counselor. Ron did his job great as well. Just always remeber patience and determination gets you far in the program. Make sure you have your financial paperwork in order and stay on top of the process in NACA. If you do those simple steps you will end up just like me in a home you can call of your OWN.

Message 4173 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I short sold our home back in February of 2011.We heard about the NACA program from a friend of ours who went through the program and bought a home.

We were still a bit skeptical. We attended the NACA workshop in May of 2014 in Mesa, AZ. After the workshop we thought to ourselves, why wouldn't we do this??? We had our first meeting with our counselor in July.

We received our approval in October and closed on our house on January 2nd. Our mortgage is a 30 year fixed for $346,000. Our interest rate is 3.75% and we have no PMI insurance. We are extremely happy with our home and our loan.

Words of advice, BE PREPARED and BE Patient.

Listen to what the mortgage counselors are telling you and be prepared to go through your entire financial situation. Make sure you have all documentation they ask for and be prepared to send it to them at the drop of a dime. The quicker you are in getting them the necessary information, the faster you will move through the loan process.

Other mortgage companies will claim they can get you approved much quicker and while that may be true, they can't touch the interest rate through NACA and avoiding the mortgage insurance alone will save you thousands of dollars over the course of the loan.

Message 4174 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I decided it was time that we stopped renting and start the journey into home ownership. One day while having a casual conversation with someone I mentioned that my husband and I were interested in home ownership and that’s when I heard about NACA. I was told it was a program designed to build neighborhoods through home ownership, as a matter of fact the person I was talking to told me that he had went through the NACA program to get his house. He seemed so happy with program and encouraging that we decided to give it a chance.   We went to a seminar to learn more about the program and get started. So far our counselor R. Dorsey has been on the ball helping us get closer to accomplishing our “DREAM” of home ownership! I am excited to see how the rest of the process goes and to getting the keys to our very own home!

-P. Manus –

After years of renting my wife and I decided it was time to stop renting and buy a house. One day while my wife was having a causal conversation she was informed of a program called NACA. She was told NACA was a program designed to help build neighborhoods through home ownership. I thought it sounded interesting and after hearing about some of the “perks” of the program I was all in. We went to one of the seminars in San Antonio, TX and enrolled. My Wife and I really appreciate the NACA program and enjoy working with our NACA Counselor, R. Dorsey. We are getting close to completing our “DREAM” of owning a home. It's a very detailed program in regards to financial documentation but we believe it will be worth it in the end.

-M. Manus –

Message 4175 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through the program in Los Angeles, its the same program through out the nation.  This is the best PRODUCT on the market.  I am so grateful I was referred to this program.  I closed on my new home in Feb 2015.  It took me roughly 4 months to go through the program...would have closed sooner but there was a minor glitch-however had NOTHING to do with NACA.  My mortgage rate is 2.6%, no closing costs and no pmi.  There are other nice features but those three was the most important to me.  Cameron and Shari in the LA office was amazing to work with...they both are super helpful, patient, and most of all kind.  Also, the girls that work the front desk Gabby and Ingrid are two of the nicest people and go above and beyond as well. 

When you first go to the workshop the phrase "be patient" was used very often.  That is so true you must be very patient and very proactive.  If they request something do it then, don't wait a few days to return documents to them.  If you do everything they tell you to do...this will be a painless and "quicker" process.  This is not a quick program by any means - which is really a good thing.  When you have settled on a home they really work with the inspectors to insure you are purchasing a great home not something that is going to require work after you close.  Again, have patients!!! 

The only part of this program that I was not impressed with was the HAND department it needs to be better managed.  However, {Edited to remove personal information}was amazing to work with...they both was super nice and very patient with helping you through this part of the process.

I am also very impressed by the Escrow Service they use for the LA NACA office.  {Edited} with escrow was just as amazing to work with.  Very kind and very patient.

I am very grateful this program is out there...it truly is the best mortgage on the market---there is not another program that comes close.  (I work in the banking business and I know this the best program.)

Thanks NACA for the money you saved me and the excellent customer service!!

Don't forget have patients!!!!  And do what they say quickly!!!

Message 4176 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with NACA was WORTH IT!  I stress the phrase "worth it" because it took a lot of hard work, diligence, and patience to get through the process.  However, the more you understand how much is involved and the number of hours that this team puts in to make the almost impossible possible, you have a different appreciation for the program.  My one recommendation is that you be prepared.  Be prepared for anything and everything; documentation, filing your documentation (soft and hard copies), and resending more docuemntation.  There's a lot of paperwork involved.  The end result of using NACA...your very own home with the best interest rate and support team behind you!  Thank you to all of the NACA staff (specifically Jan) who helped me purchase my DREAM HOME.

Message 4177 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm house buying for Naca. I begin in June the last year my first appointment, in July I had my second appointments and August I had my approved loans. I didn't believe because so fast, I think maybe one year for all papers but the last days in August I was searching houses. Too much fast all and November I had my home. Incredible Naca Thank you!!!

Message 4178 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently closed on my house and I am loving it.  I bought my house through the NACA program because I heard about them about 15 years ago but wasn’t ready to buy a house then.  When I was ready to purchase a house I immediately called NACA.  Signing up with the program was easy.  The initial workshop was informative and the process was made simple with the counselor I was assigned.  Whenever I had questions my counselor or the counselors at NACA was able to provide some direction or answers.  This is an excellent program to purchase a house through. 

Message 4179 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an e-mail over the weekend stating that I am NACA qualified.   I still need to attend the workshop where I get my letter of approval.   I was extremely skeptical of the program.  I was pre-approved for an FHA loan through another Lender.  Since I didn't have anything to loose, I stuck it out with NACA.  First, you must have the patience of a Saint.  Between phone calls unanswered and appointments cancelled in a moment's notice, I've had my doubts, and many may have given up.  But what NACA offered in financial terms was too good to give up.  I was determined to march on!  it almost became an obsession and a matter of principle.  If they asked for a piece of paper, I bombarded them with more than they asked for.  3 months worth of pay stubs? Here is 6.  Every I was doted and every t was crossed.  I was on them like a hawk.  I was going to get qualified if hell froze over.  I wasn't about to give up on no down payment (I have it anyway) , no PMI AND 3.5 financing.

So now I'm just waiting to see how the purchasing process will go.  I'm expecting the worst.  But I won't give up until I'm handed the Keyes!

Message 4180 of 4,793
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.