Did you mean: 

The STRESSSS....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The STRESSSS....

Is almost unbearable.

Found the House

To make a long story short, the wife and I were planning to rent another year, but due to some unforseen circumstances found ourselve in position to buy a little ealier than anticipated.  After looking at essentially every house in town (in our price range) we found the perfect home for our rather large family (5 kids), however the house was a forclosure - meaning a hassle to purchase.  Being a bank owned home they required pre-approval from BoA.  We were unable to obtain this, however we submitted our pre-approval letter from our prefferred lender along with out offer and waited.  They counterred (taking off the discount we offered and offering the same amount in closing costs paid) and we accepted, with a tentative closing date of Apr 23.

This was back on Feb 22.

The Loan Process

Our (FHA) loan conditions came back on April 2nd and within a day we'd met them and provided everything to the loan officer.  At this point we were told it would take 48hrs to clear the condtions, and another 48hrs to setup closing - so we were hoping for a closing on the 6th.

Circumstance 1

Well, as it turns out noone ever let the title company know we wanted to close early, so noone had even started the title work, finally on Monday the 9th this had been taken care of...  So we were hoping for a closing on Wed the 11th.  

Circumstance 2

On Wednesday we find out that some of the conditions had not been met (or rather not been submitted) and we had to re-send the documentation to the loan officer.  So at this point we're hoping for being able to close on Friday (and not waste another weekend).

Alas it's now Monday and we've yet to hear back with a 'clear to close'...  Our LO has been terrible about keeping us in the loop, and the whole process has been extremely frustrating.  To make matter worse, we've got a $185 per diem on our contract that will take effect on the 23rd.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: The STRESSSS....

They can waive the per diem if need be; you just have to ask.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 25
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Start raising hell.  call the LO's boss.  All of this can be put on his/her desk as their responsibility.  Everything you pointed out.  The LO is the GO TO point person for every problem you mentioned. 

(Boy I can feel your wasted weekend pain!  I hated that).

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 25
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Do you have a loan processor?  After my paperwork went to the underwriter the loan processor pretty much took over and the LO didn't have a lot more to do with it at that point.  That's the person you need to start hounding if you have one.  They are certainly dropping the ball,

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

We received an update yesterday that the conditions had cleared and it's now under review (whatever that means)...  This in response to what was sent in last Thurs, and it is now Wed.

I have until 5PM today to file an extension with our land lord to remain where we are for 30 days (otherwise need to be out the 29th), and it looks like that's going to be necessary regardless given the amount of painting and work we're planning to do before the move.

The LOs response continues to be 'It will close this week', but given if we don't get the clear to close today it will be no earlier than Monday before we can close - Monday is the closing date on the contract after which it becomes void or goes to a per diem.

The excitement and anticipation of this whole thing has been replaced with anxiousness and irritation... It's truly been one missed expectation after another.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Update: just received another GFE via email...  Maybe it's moving along?

Message 6 of 25
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

You got a new Good Faith Estimate?? I think you should give your LO a call. That would have happened before your file went to underwriting and if they are working on conditions, you should be past this point...

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Message 7 of 25
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Not necessarily.  My GFE changed right at the end due to owing less for closing,,,,they really can't figure out that exact number until the very end........I'm not sure I'd put in for another 30 days with the landlord yet.....

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 25
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Booner, I didn't know that!! That is good to know!  Maybe I will get a new one for less!! Smiley Happy

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems the new GFE was due to re-locking the rate (originally done back in Feb).

Closing has been setup for Friday afternoon, he indicated he did not yet have the clear to close... I'm guessing they wouldn't setup a closing date/time unless they were confident everything was going to be copacetic?

Supposed to get the final amount to bring to closing sometime today.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.