Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Underwriting Struggles Continue -- Underwriting Found I Owe $3.5k To IRS

tag
AGingrich

The Underwriting Struggles Continue -- Underwriting Found I Owe $3.5k To IRS

Hey guys,

Got approval with one condition: clarify why my tax return says I owe $3.5k in taxes from 2013. I went back and looked, and since I pay estimated taxes, I was in fact off by $3.5k last year. The IRS has not filed a lien against me or anything, I just haven't paid it I guess (thought I did!).

Should this matter since it's not a lien? Should I pay it off in full? Would a payment plan be okay, as long as the monthly payment didn't make my DTI too high?

Any thoughts or experiences are welcome. I'm sure I'll get my answers tomorrow, but feel free to offer advice until then. I'd hate for this little amount to kill my loan -- I'm supposed to close in two days!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Underwriting Struggles Continue -- Underwriting Found I Owe $3.5k To IRS

Bump! I would like to know the answer to the same question. Please keep us posted!!!!
Message 2 of 6
AGingrich

Re: The Underwriting Struggles Continue -- Underwriting Found I Owe $3.5k To IRS

My underwriter asked me to call and setup a payment plan for the remaining tax money. I did, and got it at $50 per month. Then they recalculated my DTI with this new payment and I was still good. Proceeding!
Message 3 of 6
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Yeah congrats Smiley Happy)

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Yup, usually either need to start a payment plan or pay it off.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 6
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Congrat!! All of you guys give me such hope.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.