Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last BIG hurdle for us

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last BIG hurdle for us

We moved from north carolina in 08/2002. Before moving we went to our local credit union and attempted to get our past due auto account current. The rep at the bank told us to pay two payments now and the third payment would be waived to the end of the payment cycle. So we did what was asked and gave them our new address and moved. About a couple of months later, we come out of our house and noticed that the car was missing. We called the police and filed a report for a stolen vehicle. By that evening, we called the bank to inform them that the vehicle had been stolen, at which time a very irate branch manager spoke to us and said " That our vehicle had been placed in default and they had the vehicle repo'ed" and told us "that's what happens when you don't pay". We also asked on the day that we made those payments if everything was taken care of and we were told that we were current and the account was not in default. When we told the branch manager what was told to us at the time of payment, she stated that "she didn't know why the teller told us that because only a financial officer could tell us that." I told her that we had just paid two payments and the third payment was to be moved to the rear of the account so that we would be current. We received a letter from the judges court informing us that there was a lien in the amount of $6500 for the account. That was in 2002. Our credit report shows a judgement for $6511.00. Is there a way to get them to settle for something like $3500 to $4000 cash? We have also been informed that there is a new branch manager at that location so we shouldn't be dealing with the branch manager that we had a conflict with. What would be your suggestions in this situation?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: The last BIG hurdle for us

I'd go over the branch manager's head and discuss this with the district or regional manager (whoever is next higher up).  Whenever I have a problem with conflicting stories/advice from a branch of a wholesale lender, I take it one step further, and that usually gets to the bottom of it.  Fax your story to the district/regional manager directly, and also mail a copy to their office... then follow it up with a phone call.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.