Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The lazy loan officer

tag
cliccmade
Contributor

The lazy loan officer

WOW!! Just WOW!!

So I submit an application to Countrywide Sunday right. I get a reference number they say we can get 160 automated approved but for 200 it will need manual review. They give me a local number to a local branch and say talk to so and so. I don't do this, I go to a lady my wife knows at one of there local branches. I give here my reference number and she says she'll look it up and call back.

No callback. I call back the next day she says I have to call you back because I'm currently processing a loan. No biggie, I wait for the callback nothing. So then I email her, ask whats going on with our file, she doesn't know. By this time I'm getting suspious, the entire situation just doesn't sound right. Its been 72 hours, this lady has given me nothing, hasn't asked for nothing and has me wondering if she is really working in our benefit.

So today I get an email, I know what your thinking **bleep** she couldnt call you, yea I know, but yea she sends an email saying you need to wait 6 months, get your credit score up and maybe then I can help you. I read that and litterly busted a gut. Both me and my wife have a mid score of 600, high DTI on all credit cards and I just paid them all in full so I know come Aug when were trying to process the loan we'll be 630 to 650 easy which was the target score. Not only that this is Countrywide, they specialize in getting guys with 530 mid score homes. I know I had that score and got a home through them before. Now I know what your thinkin, the times have changed and they have but seriously I'm thinkin 580 still gets you a loan with them. She didnt offer to submit it to the underwriter, nothing. WOW!

So I don't respond to the email, too emotional to do that at this point plus what would it do. It would be a waste of hot air. Instead I call the branch I was initally referred to and asked to speak with a loan officer. I get this nice woman named Jan, she asks for my app number I give it to her, she says let me review the app and call you back. Im like here we go again lol. Nope Jan calls back in 10 minutes she says you have some collections which need explainations but otherwise pretty solid file. I think I can get it done, I just need financial records.

Moral of the story is some loan officers are hungry and some are just plain lazy lmao.

CH 7 filed 2/24/14 TU 572
Discharged date: 6/06/14
$500 Secured USBank Platinum
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: The lazy loan officer

NOONE CAN DO WHAT COUNTRYWIDE CAN!!

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
cliccmade
Contributor

Smiley Very Happy
CH 7 filed 2/24/14 TU 572
Discharged date: 6/06/14
$500 Secured USBank Platinum
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 3 of 6
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing your story because we do tend to give up at times. I also applied for a loan with countrywide, but that lady was a bit helpful. she directed me to this site to repair my credit, but she also stated that i had to wait 5 months for some lates to drop off. Ever heard of that? So i did give up, but my scores are increasing, so I'll either try another LO or another bank in the next two months.
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tryin2rebuild08 wrote:
Thanks for sharing your story because we do tend to give up at times. I also applied for a loan with countrywide, but that lady was a bit helpful. she directed me to this site to repair my credit, but she also stated that i had to wait 5 months for some lates to drop off. Ever heard of that? So i did give up, but my scores are increasing, so I'll either try another LO or another bank in the next two months.

I'm no expert, and this is not from personal experience, but I have heard on the credit card board that lates only affect your FICO for a specific amount of time and that when they fall off your reports your score will go up.
Message 5 of 6
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Okay. I think she's telling me to wait until they drop off so my score will go up to be qualified for a better rate. I didn't know this procedure was so stressfull.
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.