cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only Tax Credit non-qualifier in the world?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only Tax Credit non-qualifier in the world?

I think I may be the only person in the world not qualified for the new home-buyer tax credit. Can y'all help me confirm this?

1) I bought a house in August 2008. I was a first-time home buyer. My income was too high to qualify for the after-the-fact credit/loan.  Single dad at the time, I and my new kids moved in.

2) Met and married my wife this year. YAY!  She has not owned a home in the past 3 years.  She has 2 kids of her own.

Between the two of us we have 5 kids and one on the way, so we need to move up!!

But, apparently because I am in the house <5 years I don't qualify for a move up.  And because she now has "ownership" in the house she has only been in the house 3 months and doesn't qualify either.

So if I'm right we are the family who is 1) most in need of a move-up, and 2) totally not qualified in the new law.  ????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The only Tax Credit non-qualifier in the world?

@Anonymous wrote:

So if I'm right we are the family who is 1) most in need of a move-up, and 2) totally not qualified in the new law.  ????

Right.  Too bad she didn't buy prior to the marriage..lol.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The only Tax Credit non-qualifier in the world?

Actually, there are several million of other folks who also don't qualify because they stayed in their current homes, whether purchased or rented. I assume you were glad when you purchased your home in 8/08, even without a tax-related incentive. Why be unhappy today because others got that incentive? (Seems kinda like me slapping myself around because I didn't choose the winning Powerball numbers last week, now that I know what they are.) Obviously, it wasn't aimed at you, who didn't need an incentive to purchase a home. Best of luck in your (relatively) new house.
Message Edited by oldhack62 on 11-28-2009 08:06 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.