Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The process (was "What are our odds?")

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The process

Signed ALL the docs.

Recording and funding take place tomorrow. That's when we'll get our keys. *muttergrumble*

Still... almost there.

Message 71 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 - The year of the house

02/13 - Contacted USAA Movers Advantaged. Got hooked up with a local realtor.
02/28 - Received pre-approval letter from NFCU (actually a pre-qual as they didn't verify any info)
02/28 - Went looking at houses; some we'd kept an eye on through the winter and a few realtor suggestions
03/04 - Second look at our preferred house
03/05 - Signed offer letter
03/08 - Executed contract.
03/09 - Received word of contract. Applied, online, for loan at NFCU
03/10 - Inspections scheduled for 03/12. Insurance app submitted.
03/11 - Conditional loan approval received. Lots of paperwork to look at/fill out.
03/12 - Home Inspection & Well Inspection complete.

Electrical Inspection scheduled.
03/13 - All requested loan docs signed and uploaded.
            Earnest money check cleared account.
03/16 - Buyers response to inspection ready to go. Electrical Inspection complete.

03/17 - Appraisal ordered
03/18 - Received Homeowner's Policy.
            Received Well test results.
            Received first window replacement proposal (for Energy Efficiency Mortgage add on)
03/19 - Received notice of Septic Inspection completion (darn it... wanted to be there. Had questions.)
            Received documents from Title/Escrow company. 

03/20 - Well quality results unsatisfactory. Request seller remediation.

03/23 - Sellers agree to all remediation. Appraiser found out at property.

03/24 - Got the last of the Energy Efficiency upgrade bids back. Sent off to LO.

03/26 - Handman finishes repairs.

03/30 - Electrician completes his repairs.

03/31 - Appraisal complete. Sellers disclosure received, with error.

04/02 - Relocked rate at 3.25% with no points. LO requests additional info from utility company for EEM. Got it.

04/06 - EEM in for approval. Sellers disclosure fixed and re-received... and signed.

04/08 - EEM Approved. Went to underwriting

04/09 - Final approval - no conditions

04/14 - Signed ALL the docs

04/15 - Closing. Title recorded. KEYS!!!

Got cable scheduled to switch. PUD switching over power to our name tomorrow (double bill for two weeks.. at least it's not winter). Heat Pump install needs 50% up front and LO is out today, so can't request check from EEM escrow yet, but Window Replacement application to PUD is signed and off. Home Warranty purchased (including septic & well coverage for first year). Friday and Monday confirmed off from work. Mom watching kids for the "long weekend". Lots of painting to do. Even got some work done at work today. Smiley Very Happy

Did I mention that our new montly payment (principal, interest, taxes, and insurance) are $50 less than our current rent?!?!?!!? Hee! 

Message 72 of 76
Lemmus
Established Contributor

"Did I mention that our new montly payment (principal, interest, taxes, and insurance) are $50 less than our current rent?!?!?!!? Hee!"

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 73 of 76
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you creditfitness!!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 74 of 76
DWill02
Established Member

Wow creditfitness that is so awesome...I love how detailed you are with your posts, I felt like I was right there with you along the way!!

So its been about 6 months now how is the new house coming along?

Starting Score TU EQ EX 626
Current Score TU EQ EX 573 (4/22/14)
(10/12/15)TU 653 EQ 642
Goal 750 all 3

Texas Trust Credit Union Secured MC Cd $300 limit
Capital One unsecured $500
Credit One unsecured $600
Victoria Secret $250
Message 75 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DWill02 wrote:

Wow creditfitness that is so awesome...I love how detailed you are with your posts, I felt like I was right there with you along the way!!

So its been about 6 months now how is the new house coming along?

Brilliantly. We have the yard fenced and a dog adopted. Almost all the walls are painted. Smiley Very Happy Built a murphy bed in the 3rd bedroom/office and even had an out of town guest last weekend. Smiley Very Happy

Still projects ahead, of course, but we had a pretty good clip going this summer.

Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.