Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The wait is real!

tag
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: The wait is real!

@cartwrna wrote:
Sorry I forgot to update this thread as I had a thread going from the start and posted in it. Here is my post a copy and paste.

2/12-Closed today and got most of our stuff moved in. Still have many boxes to unpack and stuff to put up. Feels great to be a homeowner and not have to worry about my every move any longer, owe most of it to this forum and I thank each and every person who helped me through it all. Itching to go on an app spree, but know that really I don't need anymore credit. Going to let all my inquiry's clear up and maximize my score. Anxious to see how the mortgage will play into it all. Hope everyone has a super smooth closing, and don't stress it's totally not worth it!

It did take 2 hours to close as it was a foreclosure and the realtor that had it listed was the rudest person I had ever met. Our lawyer, a younger gal I had went to school with did not jive well with her.

Congrats!  Great deal on getting a Foreclosure in this market. 

I know you won't be able to do it, because you're so excited.  But I recommend that you move in your bed & heavy furniture & unpack enough dishes and dish soap to get you through a week.  Leave everything else in boxes and take your time to unpack.  Enjoy the experience and take your time.  I slept on an airbed and painted the house first, then moved everything in.  It was great to not have furniture and stuff in the way.

Congrats again and enjoy your new home.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Already got everything moved in, had tons of family and friends that were willing to help. We love the new house and it's a beautiful home. 2 story with 2 car attached garage. Was built in 2010 and still smells new Smiley Happy. Only found a few issues, first was a padlock on the track for garage door we had to cut off. Didn't see it and ended up knocking the door off track, some paint scuffs, and the upstairs bathroom was missing the toilet seat LOL.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 12 of 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@cartwrna wrote:
Already got everything moved in, had tons of family and friends that were willing to help. We love the new house and it's a beautiful home. 2 story with 2 car attached garage. Was built in 2010 and still smells new Smiley Happy. Only found a few issues, first was a padlock on the track for garage door we had to cut off. Didn't see it and ended up knocking the door off track, some paint scuffs, and the upstairs bathroom was missing the toilet seat LOL.

Guess that was for the guys (toilet).  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

^ lol right! Oddest thing to take.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cartwrna wrote:
Sorry I forgot to update this thread as I had a thread going from the start and posted in it. Here is my post a copy and paste.

2/12-Closed today and got most of our stuff moved in. Still have many boxes to unpack and stuff to put up. Feels great to be a homeowner and not have to worry about my every move any longer, owe most of it to this forum and I thank each and every person who helped me through it all. Itching to go on an app spree, but know that really I don't need anymore credit. Going to let all my inquiry's clear up and maximize my score. Anxious to see how the mortgage will play into it all. Hope everyone has a super smooth closing, and don't stress it's totally not worth it!

It did take 2 hours to close as it was a foreclosure and the realtor that had it listed was the rudest person I had ever met. Our lawyer, a younger gal I had went to school with did not jive well with her.

Congrats and thanks for updating the thread... Enjoy your new house.

Message 15 of 17
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new home.  I can feel your happiness through your words.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congrats!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.