Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They accepted my offer!!!!!! :)

tag
Davis9508
Contributor

They accepted my offer!!!!!! :)

Hey guys! Happy Saturday! Been working on trying to get a USDA loan since July. Things kinda stalled out with the lender on Tuesday. The numbers kept going through extreme changes and I wasn't feeling like there was any way to get it worked out that I could feel confident with it.

Wednesday evening, within an hour, a new lender had me preapproved through the usda system.  The house is a foreclosure and the bank agreed to paint, redo the hardwood floors, and install a brand new HVAC system. They are also paying $2,000 in closing costs. Yay!  They only changed the earnest money amount to $500 instead of $250. Of course all this happened yesterday right at 5 so I can't ask the lender what's next.....  so what's next ya'll? lol  My middle score is a 647. I have a charge off of 1000 and some change from 6 years ago and a medical collection from 6 years ago.  Last late payments were a year and a half ago and the loan has since been paid off. They won't delete them, I've tried many times.

Am I crazy for thinking this might really happen?

Also... I've seen a few posts that say the house has to have a stove... with this being a foreclosure it has no appliances..any way around that?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The accepted my offer!!!!!! :)

Interesting that they are requiring a stove, I haven't seen that in the requirements and not all sellers convey appliances with the home, many take them. You can check all requirements at rd.usda.gov >programs> individual > choose guaranteed or direct> choose lender handbook.
Message 2 of 4
Davis9508
Contributor

Oh, they haven't. I read way too much online and I've seen other people say it was required. Guess we will see 😊
Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your accepted offer!  

Sounds like you have had a difficult time but you have found the right lender now. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.