Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think we'll get approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think we'll get approved?

Not that it'll make much difference, but I just looked at last year's W-2 and I grossed $26,500. I guess that was overtime.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I also checked my student loans out, and I owe about $5000. They will definitely be in deferrment for a number of years...I'm only going part time and it's going to take me awhile to finish.

I have a lender looking over my info now, so here's hoping. I gave him my income info, price range, current rent, etc, and he said it sounds like we can get a pre-approval, but he's going to pull my credit and call me back.

Message 12 of 17
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you may qualify, but it may not be in the $110K range.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my credit score has gone up...middle score is 653...yay! I spoke with a local lender who got me pre-approved for $85,000. That's not much to work with, though. I have another lender working on getting me a "real" pre-approval that requires documentation and will go through underwriting first. He said that we have a good case for the $110,000 approval because the mortgage would be about what we're paying in rent right now, and I can document our rent prices. So wish us luck! It will probably be into next week before we find out.
Message 14 of 17
iagainsti

Well, not to burst your FHA bubble, but both you and your spouse will need to be on the application.

I know this as I was pre-approved for a loan last october, made an offer that was accepted, then the retarded loan officer says: "Oh, yeah, um, we're also going to need your wife's info as well..."

The deal was killed as her credit has insurmountable issues.

With FHA, they need both....

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iagainsti wrote:

Well, not to burst your FHA bubble, but both you and your spouse will need to be on the application.

I know this as I was pre-approved for a loan last october, made an offer that was accepted, then the retarded loan officer says: "Oh, yeah, um, we're also going to need your wife's info as well..."

The deal was killed as her credit has insurmountable issues.

With FHA, they need both....

What state are you in? I did a little reading on this and it looks like this only applies in community property states, which Illinois (where I'm buying) luckily is not. 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Husband and wife only have to be on the loan if you want to use both incomes.  That's not an issue for the original poster since the person to be left off does not have any income.  The only trick is in community property states, whether or not both people are on the loan, both of their debts will count against DTI limits.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.