Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is only the beginning?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is only the beginning?

I am already stressed out and the process hasn't even started. I applied for a loan, the LO tells me I am only a few points away from 620 and she wants to do a rapid rescore to get me where I need to be. I pay one of my credit cards down, fax her the paper from my credit card company and she tells me to hang tight that it takes 5 days. Well, it has now been 7 days (business days) and I called her today and she says "oh, they just received it last Thursday so it will be 5 days from then) Okay, whatever. In the meantime, I signed up for credit check total and of course those scores were all over the place, she explained to me the scores that she sees are totally different. I am about to pull my hair out, I don't like this not knowing and from everything I read here, this is only the beginning. If she gets my scores up, I still have to go thru underwriting, I never knew buying a house was so stressful! I just hope this so called "rapid" rescoring works for me. On another note, I can see where all of the stress comes from these FAKO vs FICO scores.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TheZealous
Valued Member

Re: This is only the beginning?

You can always change the LO, you know that right? If she take so long to response to you, you probably better off with another different LO. Good luck in buying the house.

Starting Score: 489
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This is only the beginning?

Last week she told us to go ahead and make an offer on the house we wanted, they accepted and we signed a contract with them. Can I change LO's in the middle of the contract? I even put down $500 earnest money on the offer because the LO was so confident my scores would be up, now she is acting like she doesn't even want to talk to me and I have to hunt her down to ask her questions and then she acts like I am bothering her. I am really frustrated, I thought your LO was supposed to go out of their way to help you. I am just ready to get my $500 back and go elsewhere.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.