Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This waiting is killing me!

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

This waiting is killing me!

lol...

So I have an appointment to meet with my LO next Friday the 4th. I have been obsessively skimming through my CR's looking for any last minute stuff that may cause any issues. I haven't pulled my reports since several things have been updated/removed and trying to wait until the 4th so I can pull them right before I go to the bank to see where I'm at.

I'm going to look at some houses tonight with my realtor, and I noticed one of the houses I've been looking at for a while just dropped 27K, bringing it down to under $100K. After tonight I'll know whether I should just go ahead and bite the bullet so I don't miss out on this house, or if I should just be patient and wait until the 4th, giving my last credit card that reports on the 31st time to reflect my new $0 (last month reported a $4 balance).

The main reason I'm trying to hold out is I'm trying to make sure my scores will meet the minimun criteria (620). As of 10/4/11 they were: EQ:624 EX: 667 TU: 672. Equifax is always my lowest for some reason, and has the LEAST amount of negative info. on it....guess I'll never understand that. Also one of my paid/closed CO's from 2007 marked my account as being disputed simply because I sent them a GW asking them to delete the few lates that show up on my CR still, and this gave me about 10 points since being put in dispute. That just scares me though, because that puts my EQ back down to 614 once the dispute status is lifted.

I seriously feel like I'm going crazy and know it's not normal for someone to be obsessing over their credit as I have lol. Thanks for letting me rant.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: This waiting is killing me!

Where did you get your most recent 3 scores from?

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@cdtotten wrote:

Where did you get your most recent 3 scores from?

Whoops! EX was a FAKO and the other 2 were pulled here. I'll fix that now, sorry!

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 3 of 8
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@RW771 wrote:

lol...

So I have an appointment to meet with my LO next Friday the 4th. I have been obsessively skimming through my CR's looking for any last minute stuff that may cause any issues. I haven't pulled my reports since several things have been updated/removed and trying to wait until the 4th so I can pull them right before I go to the bank to see where I'm at.

I'm going to look at some houses tonight with my realtor, and I noticed one of the houses I've been looking at for a while just dropped 27K, bringing it down to under $100K. After tonight I'll know whether I should just go ahead and bite the bullet so I don't miss out on this house, or if I should just be patient and wait until the 4th, giving my last credit card that reports on the 31st time to reflect my new $0 (last month reported a $4 balance).

The main reason I'm trying to hold out is I'm trying to make sure my scores will meet the minimun criteria (620). As of 10/4/11 they were: EQ:624 EX: 667 TU: 672. Equifax is always my lowest for some reason, and has the LEAST amount of negative info. on it....guess I'll never understand that. Also one of my paid/closed CO's from 2007 marked my account as being disputed simply because I sent them a GW asking them to delete the few lates that show up on my CR still, and this gave me about 10 points since being put in dispute. That just scares me though, because that puts my EQ back down to 614 once the dispute status is lifted.

I seriously feel like I'm going crazy and know it's not normal for someone to be obsessing over their credit as I have lol. Thanks for letting me rant.

Oh believe me you are in good company here! Smiley Happy  Read alot, if there's something you're wondering about, chances are someone else did too so just search.  There are some really great loan officers here who answer questions as well.  Wishing you luck!  2 months ago, I came here asking if it'd be feasible for me to buy a home in the next 6 months.  I'm scheduled to close next Monday.     I've had my share of meltdowns and panic attacks but I've also been told by 3 loan officers that I'm one of the most well informed first time buyers they've worked with.  The advisers on this site have helped so much! Good luck!

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally couldn't & wouldn't wait til the 4th unless the LO of your choice doesn't have time until the 4th.  If that was the case I would look for another LO as the worst thing to work with is a buried ineffecient LO.  If you are waiting for the 4 bux to fall off chances are that will not even matter and if it does I am sure you could produce a statement down the road that reflects the -0- balance.  Either way good luck!

Message 5 of 8
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally couldn't & wouldn't wait til the 4th unless the LO of your choice doesn't have time until the 4th.  If that was the case I would look for another LO as the worst thing to work with is a buried ineffecient LO.  If you are waiting for the 4 bux to fall off chances are that will not even matter and if it does I am sure you could produce a statement down the road that reflects the -0- balance.  Either way good luck!

Thank you! I went and looked at some houses last night with my realtor and I think I'm ready to this! I honestly think I found the house I'll end up buying but will continue to look a little longer and just pray I don't miss out on this one (it's been listed for almost 3 months now and they haven't budged on the price). I called my LO this morning and will be meeting with him on Friday now so I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time. Now I know how you all have felt as far as having sleepless nights, and I'm not even pre-approved yet lol.

Message 6 of 8
RW771
Frequent Contributor

ok so I made it through and was given the green light! The LO never called me back the night before, so I was worrying all night long that something might be wrong. When I went to the bank the next day he explained that my credit report was still stuck until that morning and he had just gotten it about 5 minutes before I arrived. So I was pretty much worrying myself into a nervous wreck and my middle score (EX) was a 670! I couldn't believe it, considering my EX Fako was only 3 points off! I just knew it would be as much as 50 points off, and I was praying it would be at least the minimal 620 I needed. I was so excited and could hardly believe it! So he gave me my letter and paperwork and told me we'll go from there once we had a house we were ready to make an offer on!

So the next morning we met with our Realtor to go look at some more houses, and re-visit the one I had my eye on. After looking at 5 of the most ridiculous houses I think I've ever seen in my life, we ventured on back to "the one" lol. I told my Realtor we'd have to think about it and we'd let him know if we wanted to set up a day to go look at more houses or if we wanted to pursue this one any further. So we talked about it and decided we wanted to go ahead and make an offer on the house! We call our Realtor and he suggests we go ahead and meet the next day (Sunday) and put in our offer so that we can maybe have an answer back by early to middle of the week. We start in a little low because we know they will send it back with a counter offer. Our Realtor tells us he'll give us a call if he hears anything so we didn't expect to hear anything back for the rest of the day (especially with it being Sunday). Well a few hours later, we receive a call back from our Realtor, and sure enough they had gone down a little bit but nowhere we needed to be. So we send back another offer an hour or so later basically meeting them halfway and asking them to pay our closing costs. About an hour later we get another call back from our Realtor and they've agreed to pay our closing and ask us to go up $500 from our last offer. At this point we weren't going to let $500 break this deal for us so we agree! We had already written up the contract while we were in our Realtor's office earlier that afternoon so we were good to go! I have never known anyone or heard of it happening that fast! Even on Househunters I've never seen anyone start their offer and come to an agreement all in the same day! lol

So now we're just waiting for the inspector to call us back and get that underway. I'm so excited and keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful advice and support. 4 months ago I was nowhere close to being able to buy a house and 100 points later here I am! God is good Smiley Happy

Edited to fix typo spellcheck didn't catch!

Message 7 of 8
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@RW771 wrote:

ok so I made it through and was given the green light! The LO never called me back the night before, so I was worrying all night long that something might be wrong. When I went to the bank the next day he explained that my credit report was still stuck until that morning and he had just gotten it about 5 minutes before I arrived. So I was pretty much worrying myself into a nervous wreck and my middle score (EX) was a 670! I couldn't believe it, considering my EX Fako was only 3 points off! I just knew it would be as much as 50 points off, and I was praying it would be at least the minimal 620 I needed. I was so excited and could hardly believe it! So he gave me my letter and paperwork and told me we'll go from there once we had a house we were ready to make an offer on!

So the next morning we met with our Realtor to go look at some more houses, and re-visit the one I had my eye on. After looking at 5 of the most ridiculous houses I think I've ever seen in my life, we ventured on back to "the one" lol. I told my Realtor we'd have to think about it and we'd let him know if we wanted to set up a day to go look at more houses or if we wanted to pursue this one any further. So we talked about it and decided we wanted to go ahead and make an offer on the house! We call our Realtor and he suggests we go ahead and meet the next day (Sunday) and put in our offer so that we can maybe have an answer back by early to middle of the week. We start in a little low because we know they will send it back with a counter offer. Our Realtor tells us he'll give us a call if he hears anything so we didn't expect to hear anything back for the rest of the day (especially with it being Sunday). Well a few hours later, we receive a call back from our Realtor, and sure enough they had gone down a little bit but nowhere we needed to be. So we send back another offer an hour or so later basically meeting them halfway and asking them to pay our closing costs. About an hour later we get another call back from our Realtor and they've agreed to pay our closing and ask us to go up $500 from our last offer. At this point we weren't going to let $500 break this deal for us so we agree! We had already written up the contract while we were in our Realtor's office earlier that afternoon so we were good to go! I have never known anyone or heard of it happening that fast! Even on Househunters I've never seen anyone start their offer and come to an agreement all in the same day! lol

So now we're just waiting for the inspector to call us back and get that underway. I'm so excited and keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful advice and support. 4 months ago I was nowhere close to being able to buy a house and 100 points later here I am! God is good Smiley Happy

Edited to fix typo spellcheck didn't catch!

Yes he is! Congratulations!  I hope all the rest is smooth sailing for you! Good luck!

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.