Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought I would join you....

tag
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Thought I would join you....

I am SO excited!!  I just passed by 24 month post discharge (chptr 7) and my scores, per mortgage lender pull, are Exp 699, TU 693 and EQ 649.  I cannot believe that I am almost to my goal of 700!  I am 1 point away on Exp!  Ik, ik....all have to be in 700s to count but hay, I will take it!  Except for Eq, not sure whats up with that? Smiley Mad

Mortgage pre-approval for 3.5% down interest rate 3.375% on 30-yr FHA.-Quicken Loans.  SO HAPPY!!!!! 

Now to find a house, or a realator for that matter!  Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Thought I would join you....

Congrats! You should be excited!

693 mid-score? You can do better than that rate and lender!

Message 2 of 8
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

that's amazing!  congrats!

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 3 of 8
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! My scores are higher than they have EVER been. And, for the first time, I spoke with a mortgage lender and didn't hear the dreaded..."Oh, hum, it seems that we may not be able to offer you a loan (insert cc or auto loan) at this time. You will be receiving a letter in 7-10 business days explaining our decision...LOL! :smileyvery-happy:  They actually were excited to speak with me, asked me questions and even offered to find me an agent.  Prior, all form of communication stopped immediately upon pulling me report. :smileyfrustrated:

foofighter74,

Any suggestions???  I can apply to as many mortgage lenders as I want and it will not affect my score right?  It all gets counted as one?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
foofighter74
Established Contributor

If the inquiries all happen within 30 days, they will count as one, yes.  Some credit bureau's use scoring models that allow for multiple inquiries up to 45 days, but i know that Equifax is at 30. 

As for suggestions, if you have any local mortgage bankers with a good reputation, i would go through them. obviously, a broker can help you...and there wouldn't be any need to keep pulling credit, it could just happen once and they can look for the best offer for your situation!

Message 5 of 8
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the advice, I will look into trying to locate a broker. 

Message 6 of 8
justjunie928
New Contributor

Congrats, I've started my journey too.... good to know I won't be alone on this road!

Message 7 of 8
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Definitely not alone...and happy to have a friend along for the ride!  You have to keep me posted on your progress! 

I am so anxious and I don't know why.  I haven't even found a house yet.  If this is how I am just gathering pre-approval offers I am in for an exhausting trip! Smiley Tongue

Meanwhile, Quicken Loans provided me with a pre-approval but they are the only ones that requested all of my docs?  Capwest also provided a pre-approval based soley off the app and my credit report?  They didn't ask for any docs?  Why the difference?  Thoughts?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.