cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought deal would be dead then surprise, surprise

tag
rjsf

Thought deal would be dead then surprise, surprise

Wanted to share this. I had recently posted on this forum about our excitemnt of getting our offer on a home accepted. Recent events about financing delays and meeting a certain deadline on the contract were about to throw us off guard and added to a frustration about the buying process. My wife and I even came to a plan to just drop the whole thing off (there is a way out of the contract without them getting my earnest money anyways) because of delays by the loan officer at US Bank in getting a fully approved loan to meet the certain deadline before I am to suppsoeldy lose my earnest money. 

Realtor calls me this Friday evening and suggests I call this person who is a broker. Call broker Friday night who gives me name of loan officer at Wells Fargo after broker asks how much money is in my savings account and asks what job do I do. Loan office calls me up Saturday evening and I tell him upfront that I need a fully approved loan ASAP but was not willing to put up with a lot of delays and vagueness about the process since we were ready to give up buying a house on the other hand. He tells me he is actually an underwriter and he proceeds to get info from me, later tells me he needs my old credit report (Dec 2009 pulled score) since I also told him I didn't want my score pulled again. Meet him today Monday in his office as agreed and I lock in a rate of 5.25% (no orig fees, $500 underwriting fee, $400+ appraisal fee) fixed for 30 years.......the previous loan application (which is still in process) was at 5.75% 5/1 ARM (no orig fees). Both loans are no prepayment penalties. This person I meet today congratulates me, saying he can get it approved tomorrow or the next next day. Whew....

I guess things turn out good in a way you didn't intend to happen, lol.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thought deal would be dead then surprise, surprise

I sure hope it works out for you.  Sorry if I seem cynical, but I would be wary of getting your hopes up too high.  It doesn't seem like this process is really over until the keys are in your hand. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
rjsf

no worries, I am partly of the school "don't count your chickens before they hatch" Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

wow that worked out well. You didnt say what type of loan however 5.75% on a 5/1 is pretty high

Congrats hope it goes smooth from here

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.