Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on this Rate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thoughts on this Rate

I intend on shopping this.  "COME ON RATE DROP" in August.

My loan application has conventional checked on the 1003.  I questioned my LO on it today as we had been talking FHA previously but she stated that conventional was the best for the day.  I know she is only making her $1500 in origination, so I assume that is the par rate.
Message 11 of 19
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

foles28269 wrote:
I intend on shopping this.  "COME ON RATE DROP" in August.

My loan application has conventional checked on the 1003.  I questioned my LO on it today as we had been talking FHA previously but she stated that conventional was the best for the day.  I know she is only making her $1500 in origination, so I assume that is the par rate.

Yup and the par rate on FHA is a lot lower than that.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys...I'll let you know what happens in the next couple of weeks and will be looking for some advice.

I'm a former LO and miss having access to Broker sheets.  I never did FHA but have been told by some friends that this would be the best option for me so that's why I was questioning the 6.875.  I'd pay the MIP if it could get me the better rate.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

i went fha on a 150000 loan and got a rate locked in last week of 5.75 paying down one discount point.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh and pmi of 66.00 a month.  how long do i pay this?  mid score 661, 14 points higher than myfico.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You pay PMI until you have 20% equity (or paid 20% of mortgage balance)

laronda134 wrote:
oh and pmi of 66.00 a month.  how long do i pay this?  mid score 661, 14 points higher than myfico.

Message 16 of 19
educationalpurposes

Hello.  I just closed on an FHA loan.  The loan amount was $302.000 and change, 1% origination, 3% down, 6.25%, 30 year fixed.  Mid FICOs were 688 for me, and 719 for my wife. 
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I locked in 6.5% FHA w/.50% origination for 309K loan.  Builder paying me back 2K towards costs. 

Thanks to this forum I shopped around.  If rates drop in August I will continue to shop but for now I'm satisfied.

Message 18 of 19
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Timothy wrote:
You pay PMI until you have 20% equity (or paid 20% of mortgage balance)

laronda134 wrote:

Actually on FHA you have to pay the PMI for at least 5 years (60 months), and it can only be removed once you've paid your loan balance down to 78% of the original purchase price/value (whichever was less).

However if you choose to take a 15-year fixed and are putting 10% or more down, then FHA has no monthly PMI.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.