Thoughts on this rate

What do you all think of this rate?

Home price 450k
80/15/5 mortgage
Conventional
Mid score 688

4.25% 30 year fixed (1st mort)
No origination fees
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: Thoughts on this rate

Can you tell me what a 80/15/5 mortgage means? 

Message 2 of 7
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

it's a second mortgage product.  We are using it to avoid PMI and to keep our loan within Fannie Mae conforming limit.

80% - 1st mortgage

15% - 2nd mortgage

5% - downpayment

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

quick question ,

why are you avoiding FHA ? Why are you willing to pay 4.25 % interest?apart from the PMI, Any other reason to take commercial loans? my LO told me that if i had a score of 850 or 620, the FHA Loan, Rate 3.5 & downpayment would be same is that right? 

Message 4 of 7
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

We are keeping our first home and it's FHA....can't have 2 FHA mortgages.

Besides, I think FHA has a purchase limit.
Message 5 of 7
cashm0ney

Rates are very low now. I suggest if you want to refinance or buy a new house, start looking now and stay updated with the rates. When they are low, just lock it in.

External link removed -NewGuy-

Message 6 of 7
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I am in underwriting now and within my 60-day lock period. I'm trying to decide when to pull the trigger.

Because I'm going conventional and putting 5% down and less than 720 mid score, our rate will be a little higher....

I'm thinking 4.25% rate with no origination fee is pretty good for our situation. What do you think?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.