cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three days before closing and no disclosures...normal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Three days before closing and no disclosures...normal?

Hi guys!! I am hoping that some of your home-buying experts can help me out on this one.

I am in the process of purchasing my first home (yay!)...we have already submitted the offer, which was accepted, applied for the mortgage, it went to underwriting and came back with very minimal conditions (1 letter of explanation and an updated pay stub) and all conditions have been met.  I spoke to my Loan Officer and the Processor last Thursday and was told that we are all good to go for our closing that is scheduled on the 21st (in 3 days); however, I have not yet received my clear-to-close or the final disclosures.

I know that there is a three day rule for those disclosures (and hear that it can be waived if necessary); however, I was wondering how normal it is to not have disclosures or clear-to-close three days prior to closing and if I have anything to worry about.  My Loan Office says we are good-to-go but I have read some REAL horror stories here!

Has anybody else experienced this?!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Re: Three days before closing and no disclosures...normal?

Sometimes you won't get the CTC until the day before or the day of closing. This is normal from what I've seen. This seems to be the norm the closer you get to the end of the month.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@MrChairman wrote:

Sometimes you won't get the CTC until the day before or the day of closing. This is normal from what I've seen. This seems to be the norm the closer you get to the end of the month.

^^^Not anymore. It used to be that way. Now there is a mandatory wait time for the consumer to review the closing disclosure.  

Here, read this link effective for mortgage applications made Oct 3 2015 and later (TRID info): 

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/regulatory-implementation/tila-respa/

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have your Closing Disclosure (CD), it will be at least 3 days before you sign.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My loan officer got my disclosures to me Friday so that we could start that clock. We wool hopefully close next week. Gonna try anyway.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Thankfully I received my disclosures this afternoon so we are still good to go for Thursday. I will keep you updated with closing! Soooo close!!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.