credit_mom

Tighter loan standards

I keep seeing in the news about the tighter loan standards, however no one is telling you what those new standards are.  I thought I was prepared for a new home, but I wonder what they new standards are and if there will be any effect. 

Does anyone know what the latest "loan standards" for prime mortgages are? 
New Contributor
maddog

Re: Tighter loan standards

You need an 850 FICO score.

Just kidding.

Lenders are all over the board.  I talked to a bank last week and they said 620 for the best rate (no points).  Yes, no kidding.  Others say 680.  I haven't heard anyone say 720 for the best rate.

But, I think alot of it depends on where you live, because some markets have taken a very bad beating, so some lenders may be shy about lending in certain geographical areas.  But I don't think that there is one straight answer out there to give.  It varies.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  And sorry about the heart attack (850 score comment).  :smileyhappy:
4/20/08 Ex 670 TU 655 EQ 668

6/5/08 Ex 726 TU 717 EQ 705
Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

Re: Tighter loan standards

if you are over 60% LTV on conventional.... 720 for best rate. So, maddog, now you have heard it. LOL
rate adjustments for fico scores are the new thing.

97% max financing except for a few low/moderate income special programs.

FHA is king!!!

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+