Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing - when to pay off car note?

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Timing - when to pay off car note?

I'm sorry, I thought you meant PITI when you said fully loaded. Now that Shane corrected me, I see that in your post 'fully loaded' was with your other expenses too. I am sorry I misread your post.

Message 11 of 12
agekeith22
Valued Member

Re: Timing - when to pay off car note?

Thank you for the responses.

Shane - we did something similar when purchasing our first home, however that was in 2007 so things were different then. I am glad so see that things are still similar and closing would be contingent on paying off car note. I will still make sure to only have about $2k left on the note at pre-approval, then I can just make normal payments during the build process and it will be paid by closing.

Startingover10 - I realized what you meant, it was me that was unclear when stating just mortgage payment, I did mean PITI, but they are not always one and the same.

Now I just sit here and wait for my current house to sell, wish I could control that as much as the car loan payoff timing!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.