Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To remove or not to remove

tag
daninicole
Valued Member

To remove or not to remove

About ready to shop for mortgages. Originally it was gonna be hubby on his own but DTI was too high for the home we wanted. I will be added. Mortgage broker pulled credit and told hubby he had scores and I need about 15 points. So my question is will removing myself from two accounts that I am an authorized user on help to give me the 15 or so points that I need? The one account is my parents and they have good payment history but the utilization is very high. The second is my husband's and I don't really want to remove myself from that one since I use the card and pay for it and we try to keep the utilization sort of low and can get it lower if needed to. So I am leaning toward just taking myself of parent's cards and keeping myself on hubby's card unless I get info from here that it would be wise to take myself off of both cards.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: To remove or not to remove

It seems that you have no tradelines of your own and you really should have two or three. I'd recommend that you drop the au on your parents tradeline and secure a couple of your own. If you are going to be on a mortgage application, an underwriter will be wanting to see that you have a couple of tradelines. Authorized user accounts don't impress underwriters.

Message 2 of 3
daninicole
Valued Member

Re: To remove or not to remove

Thanks!! I actuallu have trade lines (student loans and car loans) but no CCs. I don't have money to pay huge chunk on student loans or car loans so I just wanted to know how if removing myself as authorized users will help give me that 15 to 20 point boost that I need.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.