Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is closing!!! its finally over!!

tag
BeBop
Established Member

Today is closing!!! its finally over!!

Wow I can't believe it's finally over! I got the email yesterday confirming my mortgage loan was approved and ready for closing, which is today at 11:30am! *sigh* I'm so happy!

If you guys search my post I started this journey last August 2013. Clearing up my credit & preparing for a home. I'm only 24 years old and only been at my job for 2 years.

I'm here to tell you guys this SITE helps! I wrote plenty of pay for deletion letters and letters of explanations and this Site even has templates for both!
ALSO please do yyou're research with type of loan! Some people try to go down the route of these high rate programs first time buyers (nothing wrong with that) but just weigh options. I was heading down the credit union route when my builders told me they have a preferred lender which will allow them to assist with closing costs. I thought there was no way I'd qualify for a fixed rate 30 yr loan with a "normal" rate, but I did!

Any who! Yes, underwriting was stressful and I felt like I sent the exact same signed files about 5 times lol but I sent them promptly and courteously. I had went about 3 wks without hearing anything from my LO but yesterday was EVERYTHING I needed.

Long story short, I have to bring about $931.88 to closing today, sign some documents and get my keys! I've already scheduled the movers, packed everything.

Hopefully I won't be too tired to go see the new Xmen movie tonight. Hahaha just sitting around waiting...I feel like a kid on Christmas.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: Today is closing!!! its finally over!!

congratulations and enjoy your first night in your new home.  

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 2 of 12
ranger64

Your living the dream, congats!
Message 3 of 12
kfyoung
Established Member

So excited for you!!!!

A very big congrats and enjoy your new home!!!

Store- Kohls$300 ,Victoria Secret-$750, Walmart-$800, maurices-$980, Best Buy-$1,000, Amazon Store-$1,700, Barclay Card Apple-$1,200, Buckle-$500, Loft-$750
Major- Chase Amazon Rewards-$1,000, Chase Slate-$500, Barclaycard-$1,750, Capital One Journey-$1,000, Discover IT (Secured)-$1,200, PayPal Extras MC-$3,000, Citi Thank You Student-$2,500
Message 4 of 12
BeBop
Established Member

Thanks you guys! Leaving now to go to closing.
Message 5 of 12
BeBop
Established Member

Last Post, I promise. I am moved in! Closing was interesting. It was my 1st experience closing on a home so the attorney went through every form I signed. She literally explained everything to a T.

I was glad to give her my 914.33 of closing.
Message 6 of 12
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 7 of 12
Mysticuno
Contributor

Congrats! Your credit journey is similar to mine. This forum and advice is awesome.

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 8 of 12
caldwell1031
Established Member

Congrats 

Message 9 of 12
Mysticuno
Contributor

@BeBop wrote:
Thanks you guys! Leaving now to go to closing.

Congrats on your journey! Enjoy your first night in your new home.

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.