Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's 30yr Fixed Rates

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Today's 30yr Fixed Rates

Woohoo.... looks like a rally. Rates were down a smidge today at the open and the market is favorable or more positive movement in the days to come.

Retired Lender
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Today's 30yr Fixed Rates

Hey, Dallas...

How does FHA look today?

Lisa 

Message 2 of 14
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

same as conventional....

improving over late last week

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 14
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Woo Hoo! We were quoted 6.75 Friday. Today, with Anchor Bank, they told us 6.125. I am so happy to see these falling!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 4 of 14
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@WannaHouse wrote:
Woo Hoo! We were quoted 6.75 Friday. Today, with Anchor Bank, they told us 6.125. I am so happy to see these falling!
almost as happy as me!!

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys..Well I was able to lock in @ 6.00 with PHFA (a version of FHA in PA) a few weeks ago..The very next day after locking in my rate, they increased..My rate is locked in for 240 days (8 months)
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is PHFA still offering loans?  Their website has rates from October 31, 2008 amd are a bit high compared to current (March 09) rates.  It just seems odd that no one has updated their site in over 4 months.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rates are at 5.25% in Oklahoma........................
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

my rate on my FHA 30yr GFE yesterday was 5.125% with .625% points. Soooo, 5.750% with 0 pts?
Message Edited by calichik555 on 03-17-2009 11:11 AM
Message 9 of 14
SanDiegoEngineer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
my rate on my FHA 30yr GFE yesterday was 5.125% with .625% points. Soooo, 5.750% with 0 pts?
Message Edited by calichik555 on 03-17-2009 11:11 AM

Points don't work that logically, unfortunately.  A "point" is 1% of the value of the loan - it is not related to the interest rate directly.  To different lenders, a point may equate to different reductions in the interest rate.  Moreover, even with the same lender, a point doesn't always buy down the rate by the same amount.

Here's an example.  A FHA rate at 5.5% with no points (other than the origination point).

1 point might buy it down to 5.25%

but it might take 2.5 points to buy it down to 5.00% (so the first point was worth a 0.25% reduction, but it took 1.5 additional points to get the second 0.25% reduction.)

My guess is that your rate with 0 points would have been 5.25% or 5.375%.  One of our loan officers might be able to make a better guess.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.