Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's 30yr Fixed Rates

tag
Christy0828
Valued Member

Re: Today's 30yr Fixed Rates

My loan is 5.5% FHA with no points and it took me 1 point or 1800 to buy down to 5% which is were I was able to lock in at.  I was ecstatic.

Starting Score: 540 (EQ 10/2008) 565 (TU 10/2008) 558 (EX 10/2008)
Current Score: 670 (EQ 04/2010) 668 (TU 02/2010) 752 (02/2010 Quizzle)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

same as conventional....

improving over late last week

Does "improving" mean going up or down?  Are you a lender or a borrower?
Message 12 of 14
SanDiegoEngineer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

same as conventional....

improving over late last week

Does "improving" mean going up or down?  Are you a lender or a borrower?

He was speaking from the consumer's point of view.

However, if you'll check the post date of the original post, this thread was necro'd from autumn of last year when rates were in the mid 6's and people were worried they were going to go to 7+.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wish someone had a crystal ball. Within the next week or so (still waiting to hear back from the underwriter for USDA preapproval) we are probably going to make a deal to build a house. We can only lock in a rate for 60 days. Builder estimates around four months to build. They're qualifying us at 6% to be on the safe side. If rates remain about the same as they are now, we'll have a little less house and a bit lower mortgage payment. If we actually end up with a 6% rate, we'll have a little higher mortgage than we really want. If it goes higher than that, we could really be hung out to dry, to say nothing about the builder who will be sitting on a custom "spec home."
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.