Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally frustrated-dont they listen?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally frustrated-dont they listen?

I talked to several banks and explained my situation to them. which is this:

My husband took a job in another state. We found a house we loved and he got a lease/purchase last Sept from the owner of the house. I am a nurse and am also going back to school and had to finish school (to further my degree) before I could move or search for employement there. My husbands credit is horrible so its all on mine. My intentions is/was to finish school which would be in August and then search for employment and move there. We get the "oh yeah no problem" from the banks and then we get down the process and underwriting says:

we need an accepted job offer from your new employer in the state! UM what part of I have no job there didn't they seem to understand when they ran my credit and told me "oh yeah we do this all the time, no problem?"

We are trying to beat the time dead lines for teh full tax credit. We have our signed purchase agreement and once again we are on hold AGAIN because they want a job offer in writing. I  jumped through all thier hoops got a written statement from all the local hospitals in the area stating the wages for RN's in the area, etc and then it all comes down to the same crap again. I am so mad.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Totally frustrated-dont they listen?

A lot of loan officers at companies are "yes men", they'll be overly positive in hopes you will complete an application with them because they don't have the fortitude to deal with a customer who may not react well to negative news.  Your situation is basic Mortgage 101 stuff that any loan officer should have known - as how could someone move to another state and still make money from their current job?  Not your fault of course, but something that your loan officer should have foreseen well before they gave you a pre-approval letter.  However you are lucky they are just looking to get a job offer, as most lenders will want to see a paycheck stub reflecting 30 days of pay in order to close.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then how do "travel" people get a loan when they are never in thier home state for more than a week at a time? Travel nurses, flight attendants, pilots, etc

I have a second job interview May 24 and they will be making thier decisions after that interveiw. And he said we can proceed and just be waiting on the job offer/wage offer and can close with in 4 days of that. Do you think that is true? We are going for the USDA and he got it pushed passed them or a verbal approval since I am honestly working 6 days on and have 8 days off and I do go back to visit my husband and daughter who are already over there.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, I did do a job interview to try to speed this up, but it pisses me off that i have to change my plans because they lie to you! Thankfully my schooling is online, but I do have to do one more clinical and now I am having to rush it on top of working full time and try to squeeze in 80 hours of clincal time in a month to be in complinance so I can agree to a job offer over there to get a loan.

Message 4 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Because their jobs allow them to commute and still work.  A RN works goes to work at usually one location only, a hospital that doesn't move.  If you were an "online doctor" (just making it up) and could do your job remotely from any location (as in home), then you'd just need a letter from your employer stating such and you wouldn't need to have a job in your new area since your existing one would transfer with you.

I'd ask what the exact steps would be after you get a job offer/acceptance.  When does the loan officer say it'd go to USDA for their conditional commitment? 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just emailed him that question. I'll see how fast he replies.

Message 6 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Sounds good, let me know and I'll advise you further.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.