cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion FICO from MyFico says one thing, my lender says another

tag
MARA4U1

Transunion FICO from MyFico says one thing, my lender says another

I have been a borderline applicant for an FHA Home Loan. MyFico scores my transunion score higher than the lenders requirements, however, when he pulled my report, that score differed drastically than what MyFico shows. Experian was much higher than expected and Equifax was an exact match between the lender and MyFico. What I am trying to understand is why the drastic difference with just the Transunion score? It differed by 62 points. Because of the point difference, there is a big difference in the loan status for purchasing a home. Any clarification would be appreciated.

I apologize if I am asking a duplicate question. Its my first day visiting the forums.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Re: Transunion FICO from MyFico says one thing, my lender says another

The Transunion report you receive from myFICO is called a TU98 report( Basically uses a 1998 version of score calculation. The report you received from your lender was most likely what they call a TU04 report (a 2004 version of score calculation). From my understanding the TU04 is what most lenders use nowadays. I have seen post where some say their scores have been similar and some say they differed quite a bit.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

We had the same thing happen to us when we were trying to get pre-approved.  One said one of our credit scores was 570 and when the LO pulled the score it showed him 495!  A real shocker- and obviously meant we weren't qualifying for anything =(

Message 3 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Bruise, if I remember right from another thread, you had FAKOs.  I believe OP is talking about a difference between a TU98 FICO and a TU04 FICO.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.