cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranunion Score

Established Member

Tranunion Score

Are their any websites that offer the transunion fico classic 04 score? I'm attempting to buy a home and I'd like to know what all three of my scores are.


Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 650


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Tranunion Score

Not that I am aware of.  The Classic 98 score from here will be pretty close though.

Mortgages (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime) since 2002, based in Irvine, CA and lending in all 50 states

Information that is needed to determine if you qualify for a mortgage

Message 2 of 11
Established Member

Re: Tranunion Score

Ok I was wondering because my transunion score is higher than my equifax score. I thought the equifax was normally the middle score out of the 3.


Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 650


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: Tranunion Score


rcarter120 wrote:

Ok I was wondering because my transunion score is higher than my equifax score. I thought the equifax was normally the middle score out of the 3.


There's no rule of thumb when it comes to the bureaus and the fico scores. My EQ is the lowest of the three for me and my EX & TU are in 690's. 

 

Message 4 of 11
Established Member

Re: Tranunion Score

So I decided to pull all three reports from here. How accurate are the transunion and experian scores? EQ 615, EX 625, and TU 645 all from myfico. However on idenitiy guard they're EQ 622, TU 627, and EX 690.


Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 650


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Moderator

Re: Tranunion Score

I just checked the website for Identity Guard credit scores and no where does it mention that they are FICO scores - that makes them FAKO. In order for any vendor to supply a true FICO score to you they have to indicate if it is FICO and of course show the trademark.

 

If the FICO notation is missing, then the score is not FICO.

You are better of relying on the scores here to an estimate of what it will be when the lender pulls your scores. The EQ score is usually the same formula so you get the same score. The other two use different versions

 

I saw a thread a few months ago where people were comparing the different FICO products offered by different vendors (cc's etc). Let me see if I can find that for you.

 

Having said the above, there are many different FICO formulas that are used (49 different scores).

 

Ok, found the thread that shows which cc's offer free FICO scores and what version each formula is for the score. See the table in this link. It is comprehensive

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Where-to-obtain-FREE-monthly-FICO-scores/...

Message 6 of 11
Moderator

Re: Tranunion Score

Sadly it is incredibly difficult to obtain either the TU or EX score which the standard tri-merge pull uses.

 

Other than a small CU which one has to either work or live in PA, that's the only place offering the EX score, and the TU'04 score the only semi-reliable place I've heard is an application to LendingClub... which I don't really recommend while in process for a mortgage Smiley Happy.

 

People's 3 scores are all over the map between the bureaus, the EQ score here is the only one that's actually used in a mortgage and it wouldn't surprise me for mixed files who are in process of cleaning up, that it might actually be the lowest as anecdotally it seems to score collections and liens on last activity rather than first delinquency: knocking on wood I'm hoping it's my lowest as sadly I'm stuck trying to get my EQ score up to 700 based on tier requirements for at least one of the places I tend to apply with: my 670 (when clean) requires 30% down on a jumbo mortgage... sort of thought 30% down was still no-doc territory haha.

 

Time to start mailing GW letters.

 

 

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: Tranunion Score


Revelate wrote:

Sadly it is incredibly difficult to obtain either the TU or EX score which the standard tri-merge pull uses.

 

Other than a small CU which one has to either work or live in PA, that's the only place offering the EX score, and the TU'04 score the only semi-reliable place I've heard is an application to LendingClub... which I don't really recommend while in process for a mortgage Smiley Happy.

 

People's 3 scores are all over the map between the bureaus, the EQ score here is the only one that's actually used in a mortgage and it wouldn't surprise me for mixed files who are in process of cleaning up, that it might actually be the lowest as anecdotally it seems to score collections and liens on last activity rather than first delinquency: knocking on wood I'm hoping it's my lowest as sadly I'm stuck trying to get my EQ score up to 700 based on tier requirements for at least one of the places I tend to apply with: my 670 (when clean) requires 30% down on a jumbo mortgage... sort of thought 30% down was still no-doc territory haha.

 

Time to start mailing GW letters.

 

 


Lending Club is TU08, unless my TU04 & TU08 are identical...

Message 8 of 11
Moderator

Re: Tranunion Score


n0smirc wrote:

Revelate wrote:

Sadly it is incredibly difficult to obtain either the TU or EX score which the standard tri-merge pull uses.

 

Other than a small CU which one has to either work or live in PA, that's the only place offering the EX score, and the TU'04 score the only semi-reliable place I've heard is an application to LendingClub... which I don't really recommend while in process for a mortgage Smiley Happy.

 

People's 3 scores are all over the map between the bureaus, the EQ score here is the only one that's actually used in a mortgage and it wouldn't surprise me for mixed files who are in process of cleaning up, that it might actually be the lowest as anecdotally it seems to score collections and liens on last activity rather than first delinquency: knocking on wood I'm hoping it's my lowest as sadly I'm stuck trying to get my EQ score up to 700 based on tier requirements for at least one of the places I tend to apply with: my 670 (when clean) requires 30% down on a jumbo mortgage... sort of thought 30% down was still no-doc territory haha.

 

Time to start mailing GW letters.

 

 


Lending Club is TU08, unless my TU04 & TU08 are identical...


Might have changed; my information is long since dated.  I appreciate the update!

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
Senior Contributor

Re: Tranunion Score

If one is interested in purchasing a home and needs a mortgage, I highly recommend that they have a loan officer pull a trimerge report for them so they can see exactly what the lender sees. Doing anything less is nothing but a "thumb in the sky" indicator of whether or not your scores are in the same "ball park", or in another "town",  as that which is needed to qualify for a mortgage.

Message 10 of 11