Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tri-merge credit report uses

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tri-merge credit report uses

Recently I came across the concept of a tri-merge report. I'm trying to better understand where this report is used. I spent several hours online doing research, but can't seem to find conclusive evidence on who (or what portion of the lenders) use the trimerge report. So far, my understanding is that ALL mortgage lenders and a small segment of the auto lenders require a tri-merge report. Is this true? Do credit-card, HELOC and unsecured/personal loan lenders require a tri-merge report?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Tri-merge credit report uses

Pretty much all mortgage companies pull a tri-merge for a 1st mortgage application, HELOC's might only pull 1 bureau but still most will pull a tri-merge.  I know some car dealers only pull one score, and some credit cards also just pull a particular bureau, but I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about those types of credit.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.