cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tri-merge credit scores pulled by mortgage company?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tri-merge credit scores pulled by mortgage company?

Hi everyone I just signed up to "my Fico" and looking at my scores they are about  60 points lower than when a mortgage company pulled my scores 45 days ago. Is there a difference with what they pull compared to what I see this fico site? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tri-merge credit scores pulled by mortgage company?

There are a gazillion different FICO scores (slight exaggeration, but only slight).

myFICO shows you the FICO 08, unmodified score, which is often used by credit card and personal loan companies.

The Tri-Merge report is pulling FICO 04, at least for Equifax. I'm not positive if TU or EX might be FICO 98.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information! I understand it and yet it's confusing at the same time.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the information! I understand it and yet it's confusing at the same time.

Yes. Yes, it is. 

But it comes down to, the scores that mortgage lenders pull can not be purchased by the standard consumer (you or I), with the exception of Equifax. Their Score Power® FICO Score is the FICO 04 model. Only the Score Power though... all their other products use EQ's propriety "educational" score.

Honestly though... it all comes from your reports. And the reports are always the same, no matter who pulls it.. All that changes is the scoring model.

p.s. Forgive my multiple edits please. My fingers are going faster than my brain today.

Message 4 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

CreditFitness is right.  And just as there are different FICO's for mortgage pulls, there are different ones for Auto loans too.

But, as was mentioned, it really does all come down to your reports.  Clean reports garner better scores.  The older the baddies, the better the numbers!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

But it comes down to, the scores that mortgage lenders pull can not be purchased by the standard consumer (you or I), 

they can be purchased thru 'Mortgage Pre-Flight'    same scores lenders use.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But it comes down to, the scores that mortgage lenders pull can not be purchased by the standard consumer (you or I), 

they can be purchased thru 'Mortgage Pre-Flight'    same scores lenders use.

You got me all excited. However, from what I can see, general consumers have to go through a PreFlight lender.

• Mortgage PreFlight is available through more than 5000 licensed mortgage professionals nationwide. For a referral to PreFlight enabled lenders in your area, please provide your name, email, phone and zip code so we can locate the lenders closest to you.

Not interested in the sales calls. 

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

There are a gazillion different FICO scores (slight exaggeration, but only slight).

myFICO shows you the FICO 08, unmodified score, which is often used by credit card and personal loan companies.

The Tri-Merge report is pulling FICO 04, at least for Equifax. I'm not positive if TU or EX might be FICO 98.

Standard GSE: FICO 04 Equifax/Transunion, FICO 98 Experian

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.