Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying again with different mortgage company

tag
5oClockSomewhere
Contributor

Trying again with different mortgage company

DH had been with a broker that was using a mortgage company that was really putting us through the ringer and just let us down.  Had to extend closing several times, until our seller was at risk of losing the house he was trying to buy too.

We are now with a local/regional bank and the originator there has really bent over backwards to help us out.  Our purchase contract got extended for 30 days to 10/11/10.  We did have to get another appraisal done, but since everything else was already put together from the other mortgage guy, our complete file went to UW on 9/17/10. 

I got an update call from the central mortgage office first thing this past Monday that our loan had been through UW and now been assigned to a loan processor that would be finalizing everything with our loan.  I wasn't familiar with what a loan processor would do (versus our loan originator that's here in town) so I emailed our loan originator here.  She said it meant that our loan had been approved by UW and the processor would get everything ready for closing.  She said that if there were any problems the processor would have let her know first.  Even said "congrats--we're one step closer".

I'm still a little on edge that I've not heard anything from this loan processor, but everyone (real estate agents, mortgage person in town) seems to be calm and not anxious about anything.  I just can't image that one mortgage company would require us to fulfill all these silly conditions and another mortgage company that's part of a bigger bank would have no issue.

"May the scores be with you!"
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Trying again with different mortgage company

Things go smoothly?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
5oClockSomewhere
Contributor

Yes!  Thanks for asking!  The new lender had us closed and done in 3 weeks.  Everything went as they said it would.  They didn't even bat an eye at our "dispute" notes because they were on paid off/closed accounts.

I'm not sure if I can say it here, but Regions Mortgage is who we were with, and because our experience was so great we actually changed out checking and savings accounts over to them.

We've been in our house 1 month now.  We have a 2100 sq ft. home on 6 acres.  Now the next task is getting some of the acreage cleared and fencing up so I can move my horses over.  It's always been a dream to have my horses on the property with me!

Definitely couldn't have done it without myfico!!

"May the scores be with you!"
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Congrats, glad to hear things worked out in time.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.