Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying not to loose my mind

tag
janie1234
Established Member

Trying not to loose my mind

We are soo close to finished it's unreal but this last week has been the most stressful of the WHOLE entire process.  We are going VA and our town only has 2 VA apprasiers.  We recieved our appraisal on July 31st...full asking price but the chimney cap had to be repaired.  Now the whole 203K deal rests on a 100$ repair.  The sellers agreed to fix it and supposeably ordered the part on friday (overnight). Monday comes (8/4) no repair, yesterday (8/5) no repair.  I call my realtor b/c I'm stressing over time frame, we were originally estimated to close on 8/5 and obviously that is not happening. Schools start on 8/13 and i really want my kids to be settled b/c of the changes.  We also agreed to give the sellers 2 days to vacate (an agreement I am deeply regreting but never imagined we'd close this close to school).  My realtor assures me that the repairs are going to be made seller is suppose to do it that evening (8/5) and the appraiser will go out and sign off on the repairs today (8/6).  Husband drove by house this morning and...No repairs.  How do you survive this last bit of insanity. I cant even get a close date or move date w/o this final appraisal repair.  I cant scheudle utilites or line up the UHAUL.  I feel like i'm in limbo and everyone else just assures me to be patient.  It's so hard to be patient when it's your life in upheaval.  Thank you so much for listening to me whine, I feel like I could just crawl up into a bawl and cry.  I feel like I should not be upset like this, I know it is going to happen, I just want to be done.  Please tell me that my feelings are normal and that I will survive this sale and move. LOL!

Credit journey started in 2012
TU - 631, EQ - 550 & EX - 601

6/6/14 Lender Pull

TU- 724, EQ - 680 & EX-686

Current Goal scores 700 across the board

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
topa
Regular Contributor

Re: Trying not to loose my mind

I hear you...

We are in exactly the same boat. We killed the lease and still have no clue where we will end up by the time we have to move. Hold tight, it will work out...

Starting Score: 600 (Jan 2014)
Current MyFICO Scores: EQ: 712 | TU: 706 | EX: 702
Current Bureau Scores: EQ Beacon 5.0: 682 | TU FICO Classic 04: 740 | EX FICO V2: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so there,  y'all.  We were supposed to close today, and then our LO sends out an e-mail (to EVERYONE- all the agents, closing folks, and us) this morning claiming he'd gotten "mixed signals" about the closing date, and that he still had it "pencilled in" for tomorrow at 4 (original closing date) and that he "hoped" to get our clear to close today, and that he would let everyone know this afternoon if that was going to be a problem.

There are so many things wrong with the above statement that I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it.  1) LO was the ONLY person in this transaction who mentioned that we could probably close early.  Nobody else- the agents, sellers, or us, - pushed for or mentioned that.  Based on the LO's statements, we scheduled closing for today, one day early.  2) He said yesterday that he'd talked to underwriting and they were going to give us the clear to close this morning.  Still no CTC. 3) Not a single time, until this morning, did ANYONE express any concern that we might not be able to close tomorrow, on our original closing date.  Not a peep until today.  He acts like it's all our fault for lining things up around our scheduled closing date.  That date is just penciled in for him???  We've scheduled our freaking lives around it! 

I just want to cry.  We've scheduled movers for Friday.  My fiance and I have our first wedding shower this Saturday and my Mom and sister are staying with us on Saturday night.  All our stuff is in boxes.  The guest bed is dismantled.   We're living off of a huge casserole I made on Sunday so that we could pack up the rest of the kitchen. 

Pardon me as I have a pity party in the corner. 

Message 3 of 6
topa
Regular Contributor

Hold tight all, you are close.

We put in our third offer, second on same property and haven't heard anything since yesterday. So we still haven't even nailed a home and out lease expires at the end of September.

With all the other things going on on our lives, we are pretty tired, stressed, overwhelmed.

Starting Score: 600 (Jan 2014)
Current MyFICO Scores: EQ: 712 | TU: 706 | EX: 702
Current Bureau Scores: EQ Beacon 5.0: 682 | TU FICO Classic 04: 740 | EX FICO V2: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Janie,

I am right there with you. Started this process on 07/03, offer accepted. Inspection was 07/08, some minor repairs were fixed, appraisal ordered on 07/15, scheduled for 07/19. Appraisal came in 16,000 over selling price, but required all these repairs, some valid some ridiculous. I had to repair the side walk, which is the city's responsibility, but it would take them 6-8 months, I couldn't wait that long for close. We got the appraisal report on 07/29. Met with sellers and their realtor, worked out all repairs who was doing what, repairs were completed on 08/05, appraiser was contacted that day to schedule follow up. It is now 08/08 and no one has heard from the appraiser. Closing was supposed to be 08/12, now I have no idea when it will be because NO ONE can get a hold of the appraiser, not even the company who uses him. We put a rush on this and the Appraiser Network said it wouldn't be a problem, 3 days and we still haven't heard, that's a problem. They have attempted to call him twice and nothing. I am so over this whole experience. I don't think appraisers should have this much power, if they can't get back to the property in a reasonable time there should be something that can be done to proceed, it's not fair to all the parties involved.

Good luck and I hope it all gets resolved soon.

Message 5 of 6
janie1234
Established Member

I did not see that you had responded to me already.  I agree that an appraiser should not have that much power, there should be some type of appeal board you can go to...i'm just really bitter right now. I honestly thought we'd be closed and moving this weekend.

Credit journey started in 2012
TU - 631, EQ - 550 & EX - 601

6/6/14 Lender Pull

TU- 724, EQ - 680 & EX-686

Current Goal scores 700 across the board

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.