Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to be put at ease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to be put at ease

Hello,

I guess I am just a worry wart.  I am currently in contract for a home that I was supposedly pre-approved for. I say supposedly because I am thinking more pre-qualified than pre-Approved because I filled out the information on the application and the lender ran through Automated underwriting after i discussed with them and read verbatim of what my current pay situation is on my pay-stub came back with a pre-approval letter which included a letter to give to realtor of where I had to to stay under. It also shot out conditions such as appraisal, tax returns etc... . but none of those documents have been "verified". However I have been completely open and honest and I don't have anything complicated that I would want to hide anyway. 

My issue isn't my credit because without a mortgage my Debt:Income  is 8% and my median score is 786 with my highest being over 800. I have plenty of money for downpayment plus over 6 months of payments for the mortgage. I was also a home owner for almost 4 years, We sold to re-locate to where I am now. I personally feel I am an Ideal candidate for a mortgage. But here is where I begin to worry. Even on the back end I am at about 36% with the potential mortgage i am going for. This will be a conventional.

So a little history. From 2004-2010 I was enlisted in the military and immediately after took a job that paid very well and I made an aweful alot of overtime because of manning shortages so my income from this company was alot higher than what my actual salary was. I worked in this job from 2011-2014 and left to change careers. I spent 1 month in school to get CDL and then I failed a health assessment with a truck company so was sent packing but had a backup plan and went to work for a car dealership until I was able to correct what i needed to do and then joined the truck company. However due to a family issue I was unable to commit to the job and then ended up taking another sales job but had to relocate due another unfortunate incident. So I spent 3 months unemployed because of this however I was selected for a job but couldn't start as I had to pass through pre-employment security checks and so I officially started this job in July in the career that i left in 2014 or my original field. I have been back in my field since then but took another position in another state and am planning on staying there for the long haul. I explained all this and was told this shouldn't matter. I am including it for a more detailed situation.  In my working life I have spent less than 6 months unemployed.

So that is where my concern comes in. When you look at my employment history you will see stability in the field that I am in now as I have been in this line for about 10 years. Its what I am good at doing and so I wrote up some LOE's as directed but my concern comes that my income was unusually low for 2015 due to the job situation I had. Right now moving forward I will be making double of what I did last year but won't be as high as when I was with my company from 2011-2014 but in time will allow me to make more than what I was making. 

So in a nutshell I am guessing my worry is 2015 and the rough 8 months I had. I could have spent that time unemployed but did what i could do to get by until I got back on my feet back in my original career field but wanted to give sales a try which turned out to be unsuccessful. I am worried because my income was unusually low due to the above story but am back on track and stable again and I am afraid that they will see that and go wow this guy is all over the place.

I just want an unbiased 2nd opinion because I feel my loan officer will tell me what I want to hear because they are on my side.  I appologize if this is hard to understand 

So quickly my goods,

Excellent credit

Low debt(Actually have a net worth thats positive not negative)

Have satisfactory mortgage history

And downpayment and 6 month or so reserve 2 years with a car that is paid for. 

Am going for a lot less than what I qualified for in automated underwriting.

Not so good(Opinioned)

Job history stable but from October 2014-July2015 kind of job hopped but am now back in my primary career.

Income irregularity from that time. It's all verifiable but I am worried about a 1 dimensional thinking process here. 

Made more money at job from 2011-2014(alot of overtime, but hourly rate was higher too. But in that defense cost of living was higher in that area of country)

Just looking for a 2nd opinion. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to be put at ease

Don't sweat it.  Seriously.  

My mortgage got underwritten on not as strong a file from a big bank with a non-trivial dip in income the previous year.  LOE done.  If you make your six payments nobody on the secondary market is going to say boo, and as such there's absolutely no reason for your lender to pick the fight on this one.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.