Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to decide on my First home

tag
EdwardMH
Contributor

Trying to decide on my First home

I am trying to decide on my first home either in Texas, Arizona, or New Mexico wanting it to be in dark skies for astronomy hobby with 5-7 acres minimum 10+ preferred 

I am a 100% disabled veteran so qualify for a VA loan I am told I qualify for it with a credit score as low as 620 but I wanted to wait till my score was closer to 720 also told withVA this will not effect my loan, as in better interest rate. Also what are pros and cons between the VA loan vs FHA? Texas has a program called Veteran Land board where I get loan for property then a contractor loan for the house I want then roll into one loan anyone know about this program?

OR Another dream is forget the home and buy a RV and Smokey (Service Dog) and I just travel the USA till we find where we really want to live or buy a home.

USAA EQ 659 | TU 675 | EX 671, Credit Karma TU 674| EQ 631, Quizzle EQ 674, Credit Sesame EX 674
MyFico Then: 6/2011 EQ 582 | TU 589 | EX 570 MyFico Now: 5/2016: EQ 698 = 698| TU 698 v 712 | EX 665 v 718
Mortgage Score 5 EQ 698, Score 2 EX 693
Future Desired Score: All Credit score sites reporting 750+ Note: ^ = Up from, v = Down from
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Trying to decide on my First home

I think Smokey would like his own yard to mark and call his own. Smiley Happy

So, put your VA benefits to good use.
Message 2 of 3
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to decide on my First home

you have made your country PROUD.  

I say sit back, relax, sip on some lemonade, and let Smokey roam on his own land until his heart's content!!  Smiley Very Happy

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.