cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a loan modification, but this sucks! Do I have any choice?

tag
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Trying to get a loan modification, but this sucks! Do I have any choice?

Hey all, Hearts here,

My DH and I are trying to get a loan modification and the lender is not open to any options other than partial claim which is the same payment that we were struggling to pay before plus an increase in escrow, arrears on back end of loan, no interest rate reduction or extension of loan terms.  I am afraid that if we accept this option, we are going to be right back at foreclosure's door in a few months.

Is it the lender's priviledge to not offer anything more than that?  I thought with FHA you have to offer loan modifications?  Someone school me please.

She is getting irritated with me and I can tell she is ready to take back that offer.

Hearts

I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Trying to get a loan modification, but this sucks! Do I have any choice?

No lender is ever required to offer loan modifications.  It's up their investor if they are willing to do it or not.  That is why two different people with a Wells Fargo loan, or whoever, with the same exact loan program and situation... one could get approved whereas the other would not, all because they had a different investor.  Did you talk to the pro's over at LoanSafe.org about this?  If so what did they say?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to get a loan modification, but this sucks! Do I have any choice?

Thanks for responding Shane.

No, I did not run it by them.  I will do it now.

Hearts

I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.