cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get credit score up to qualify for USDA Loan.

tag
Melissalyn17
New Contributor

Re: Trying to get credit score up to qualify for USDA Loan.

UPDATE: His score is up to 628 EQ (Myfico)! Only one of the new CC's have shown up, but it bumped his score up 4 pts. Paying down his debt bumped it up 26 pts. His score was actually 602 on Myfico compared to the 559 on Identity Guard. Haven't heard about the dispute yet on the collection. The student loan he thought was the one updating isn't. It's actually two older ones with missed payments, one is not showing "paid as agreed" so I am hoping once they FINALLY change that it will give him a bump. They are through Sallie Mae so we doubt they will wipe away the late payments (learned that since my original post). Smiley Sad Anyways we are getting closer!

Message 11 of 13
Melissalyn17
New Contributor

UPDATE (AGAIN)- His score made it!! 656 EQ Mid score (Lender Pulled)!! The others were 678 TU and 568 EX. EX must not like him much, such a big difference in score and the only difference is it seems that most of the times his credit was pulled it was pulled from EX. Anyways I hope that the 656 is good enough to get the job done, I am still super nervous.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The scores should be enough!! It's hard work but it pays off! Congrats on the score boosts! And good luck with the rest of the process! These forums are awesome for advice!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.