cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get mortgage with judgements on my credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to get mortgage with judgements on my credit.

I have two judgements on my credit report that are both marked unpaid. I have paid them both. One was for an insurance company for an accident and the other was for a Target card I had years ago. I disputed both judgements throught Experian as paid and they verified the info and left them the same on my report. I contacted the insurance company and was told a satisfaction of judgement was filed so I will be getting a copy from the court.

I called Target National Bank (the judgement's under Retailers National Bank) and they told me that they have no record of any judgement, paid or unpaid. They are showing a balance owed in their system. They told me to fax them proof of payment and they would update their system, but could not do anything about the judgement as they have no record of it.

That particular judgement is scheduled to fall off my credit in February next year. I am now trying to buy a house. I have been pre-approved for a mortgage. The bank I went through uses automatic underwriting. Is this going to come up, and will it keep me from getting my loan? My loan officer did see these on my credit, and suggested I do the disputes (which basically nothing came of). What now?

Thanks.  :smileysurprised:

Message Edited by Sommery on 07-24-2009 11:33 AM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to get mortgage with judgements on my credit.

Also, just found out a satisfaction of judgement was never filed for the insurance deal either! I'm so friggin frustrated. I want to do this, and pre-approval sounds good. But from reading this forum, that's only the beginning. I could be stuck in UW limbo. Darn!

Smiley Mad 

Message 2 of 18
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

All judgments MUST be paid before you can close.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's my point. They are paid! I talked to the insurance company's lawyers office and they say they filed the satisfaction of judgement in Feb. 2006. But the court has no record of this. I am currently waiting for them to fax their scan of the filing over to me. I called Target, and they have NO RECORD of a judgement. But it is on my credit, and court records. This is a nightmare!

P.S. Thanks for the response, even though you told me what I already know. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have proof that target is paid? Then try to submit that to the UW. Or send the proof to target and have them print you a letter that you have no outstanding balance with them.

It should be fine; I don't think you necessarily have to show them the actual satisfaction of judgment to clear it up with UW.

Message 5 of 18
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

I just was pre-approved and have a judgement on my credit report. There were three as it was taken to court in two states but I was able to get two off my report after three letters to CRA's and with a copy of the dismissal stipulation from the attorney representing the town (excise taxes they said I owed) but the third is from 2003 and to get the court record fixed would more documentation and I've already spent three months getting here.  My LO said all I needed was proof that it was paid.  Hope this helps.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as proof of payment, they will wnat something from either the creditor saying it is paid or from the courts saying the judgement has been satisfied.  Generally just a copy of a check won't work because it is too easy to fake.  That said, with a copy of the payment check, you should have no problem getting letters from the creditors to show they are paid. 
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I'm not so worried anymore. I know I can and will get this taken care of. It's just another extra hassle. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row. I'm just now starting to look for a house, and I'm meeting with my loan officer next week. I'll discuss this with him, hopefully, he can give me some advice too.

Thank you all!  :smileywink:

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will have a letter from Target withing 7-10 business days stating that my account is paid in full. I will have to file this information with the court myself, as they (Target) say that they have no record of a judgment, but that's ok with me. This was my last worry. So I'm truly excited!:smileyvery-happy:
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still have not received any letters from Target, despite a ton of phone calls. Every time I call, they say I'll receive a letter within 7 to 10 days, and to just be patient. Well, 7 to 10 days have gone by 3 or 4 times. This is ridiculous, and a nightmare. Does anyone have advice for dealing with a judgment with a company that no longer exists? My judgment was with Retailer's National Bank for a Target card. I have dealt with Target to try to get this cleared up, but obviously, that's not going to work. Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.