Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
MOMO30
Regular Contributor

Re: Trying to get to 620 or better

Do that mean at 6 years they delete from your cr or they can no longer sue you?

Message 12 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Sue.

The 5 year deletion rule only applies to charge-offs paid within the first year.

Message 13 of 15
MOMO30
Regular Contributor

Do you think that account would be a problem I'm trying to get a mortgage pre approval 

Message 14 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm one of the most inquiry averse people you'll ever meet so please take the opinion from that frame of reference and with a grain of salt.

With an unpaid charge-off, collection, low score, and recent late payment posting... There's no way I'd give up a hard pull. I'm not saying it's one of Dallas Loan Guy's infamous "Would You loan You money?" moments but (based upon what I've read here and elsewhere) you'd have to be working with a very forgiving company and huge down-payment to even have a shot.

If paying everyone off weren't an option; I'd have to wait until everything fell off, and hope to not get sued, before getting a house.

Again, no expert but HPs stick around 2 years. I just hate using them when chances are slim. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.