Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to raise my wifes score

tag
Rwil72
Regular Contributor

Trying to raise my wifes score

My wifes middle score is 675 with Transunion and we need a 680 for the construction loan. I want to apply ASAP. I know its best to have 3

cards. She has 1 credit card reporting 0 balance and is an authorized user on one of my cards reporting $25 balance. Her utilization is 2%.

Should we just wait or open another card in her name. I was scared the new account would drop her score down at first, before it help her

score.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ucdcrew
Contributor

Re: Trying to raise my wifes score

Are those mortgage scores?  If they're Fico 8 scores, grab the mortgage scores - they may already be there.  I got a drop when I got second card (Fico 8) of about 5 points.  However I'm sure our files are different.  Mine's thin but I have a few old tradelines.

Message 2 of 4
Rwil72
Regular Contributor

Thanks for replying,These are mortgage scores from my fico 3B report.

Message 3 of 4
ucdcrew
Contributor

I won't know for another 12 days what my mortgage scores have done.  But they'll also have a couple more mortgage payments and decreased utilization.  I wonder if you might get a better answer in the Fico Scoring forum?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.