cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH just went from a September closer to an October closer!!

tag
gotideas
New Contributor

UGH just went from a September closer to an October closer!!

Just when I thought the pain of waiting was going to be over I get the dreaded phone call--your builder has rescheduled your closing from Sept. 30 to October 3.  I was  hoping to paint before moving in on the weekend and to finally be able to let out the breath i have been holding for the past six months.  When i started this home buying adventure I had NO idea it would take 6 mnths to close or that it would be so up and down.  Talk about frustration!  What is most upsetting is that the builder has from day one continually pushed me to the back of the pack.  There are  houses that were started after mine and purchased after mine and they will be closing two weeks before me.  One thing is for sure when this is all over I am going to celebrate and I will NEVER EVER go with that builder again as they have made me stark raving mad-and I still have 15 days to go before my misery is over-that is if they don't decide to delay closing again. 

Sorry for the rant just so frustrated--and tired of the whole process.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

Re: UGH just went from a September closer to an October closer!!

I'm right there with you. We likely won't go with our current builder again, though they have built a beautiful home for us.

We signed our contract in January, and there are 3 other couples that have either already closed or will close ahead of us that signed after us. We will probably have a better home because we have pushed them to fix things and wouldn't take no for an answer, but it's still a bit irritating.

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.