cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNDERWRITING SUSPENDED! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN...HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UNDERWRITING SUSPENDED! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN...HELP!

My loan was sent to underwriting for final approval last week and came back today as suspended

they did have some conditions like voe....asking about my maternity leave...about paying off an american express bill because they thought it had to be paid off monthly although it doesnt. 

is this normal....i thought it would come back "preapproved with conditions"  at least thats what my broker showed me.   please help me understand....

should i be worried...

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: UNDERWRITING SUSPENDED! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN...HELP!

Don't get too excited about the terms.

I had one come out cond approve and i was SURE it would get suspended. <= it was a manual underwrite and the ratios were too high. go figure.

really not a whole lot of difference between suspence and conditional approval. maybe it is just a way that this particular processor flags their deals so they know to pay extra attention to something.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Don't get too excited about the terms.

I had one come out cond approve and i was SURE it would get suspended. <= it was a manual underwrite and the ratios were too high. go figure.

really not a whole lot of difference between suspence and conditional approval. maybe it is just a way that this particular processor flags their deals so they know to pay extra attention to something.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you tell how high the anxiety level is! thank you!
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

yes
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.