cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE! HELP! New collection popped up and dropped score 60 pts!

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! New collection popped up and dropped score 60 pts!

Yes I would GW and then dispute. Sometimes you have to do multiple GWs before they will listen to you.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 21 of 46
jjmtmj126
Established Member

So who do I send this letter to?  The credit agency or the credit report people (like a dispute?)  

And should the letter say something explaning why using the term "1 month" is against the rules?  I guess I'm asking this because I don't really know why it's against the rules.  

But THANK you for that letter!!!!!!!  

Message 22 of 46
jjmtmj126
Established Member

so send the letter first, and then dispute if they don't respond to the letter?????  Or can I do them both at the same time?

Can I email this, or do I have to physically mail it in?

Message 23 of 46
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I would send that letter off to EQ EX and TU, certified with return receipt.

Don't explain anything to them, make them work.

Most likely the minium wage worker will just hit delete and move on.

Message 24 of 46
jjmtmj126
Established Member

Ok... and again, I'm sorry for these questions but.....

By sending the letter am I "disputing" it?  

If so, can't I just dispute this online??

Thank you thank you!!!  I'll keep you updated on how this works out for me!!  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 46
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

This is a dispute letter, it is a trick of the trade in credit repair to target in on one error to get a full deletion.

It works trust me.

Message 26 of 46
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Do NOT dispute anything online ever. You need a paper trail, this is for your advantage.

The more you make them work, the more likely they just delete it.

Message 27 of 46
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You don't want to tell them they are in violation in a GW letter. It is supposed to short and respectful to plead your case and why you feel it should be removed. If this fails, then file a dispute and send the nasty letter at the same time. You should send the GW letter to the address of the collection agency on your credit report and follow up by phone (nicely) in 2 weeks.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 28 of 46
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The GW letter is a hail mary pass that you can send to the collector.

Iv never had one work.

but I have heard other people having good luck.

What you could do, is send a nice sweet letter to the collector begging that they delete and a nasty one to the credit report folks demanding they delete.

Message 29 of 46
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.