cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE! HELP! New collection popped up and dropped score 60 pts!

tag
jjmtmj126
Established Member

Re: HELP! New collection popped up and dropped score 60 pts!

oh this is amazing.  Thank you so much.  I have heard of people getting things off their credit report but  never knew how.  

I hope this works for me and if it does... it'll be because of you TWO wonderful contributers!  

Message 31 of 46
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You're welcome! Wishing you the very best! Stay positive and it will work out. :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 32 of 46
MC15

Excellent letter!

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 580
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 33 of 46
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@tooleman694 wrote:

See that line where is says

Terms 1 Month

That is ILLEGAL!!

Fire out disputes targeting that. You can't have a term on a collection.

It will go away.

It's not illegal. It's saying that it's due immediately (as opposed to a payment term or plan). Also 3rd-party reports like the one OP pulled are often inaccurate. It wouldn't show like that if OP were to pull out the lender's report (assuming he/she was denied due to that).

OP, if paid, send a GW.

Message 34 of 46
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Really, did the OP agree to that one month term. I dont think so.

Message 35 of 46
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

I have a collection showing 1 month term as well.  I havent disputed that but what I did want to say is that some arent so easy to clear up - they are EVIL.   At least in my experience that is how EQ has been.

I needed a "consumer disputes" comment removed. EQ notified me that my dispute has been resolved and when I go see what it is they did - they now have it written not once but twice!!   "consumer disputes. Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress."   And yet they tell me its complete and has been updated.  baloney.   I even argued that they have wrong information listed - that I am no longer disputing to please remove. They wont budge. Now this is my experience with a 6yr old collection on EQ and I did not have this experience with TU or EX - they were great and cleared it quickly.

Message 36 of 46
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

Really, did the OP agree to that one month term. I dont think so.

No I am sure the OP did not agree.

But, the OP did agree to their original terms with the original creditor and did not pay.

When your debt is due for default I believe that 99.9% (in contracts) the debt is due immediately upon request. When the CA picks up the debt, the debt is due immediately. The terms are irrelevant at this point, unless you make out a payment arrangement with the CA.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 37 of 46
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Good luck....I praise it works out!

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 38 of 46
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The terms are irrelevant at this point, unless you make out a payment arrangement with the CA.

That is exactly why this is illegal. No payment arrangements with the CA have been made.

The CA cannot posion your credit report with this info, if they want it to stay on your report.

Message 39 of 46
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I understand what you are trying to say.

But the CA terms are abided by the original terms that due to default the debt is owed in full.

You can try and argue the point with tge credit bureaus but I see no change happening.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.