Established Member
jjmtmj126

Re: HELP! New collection popped up and dropped score 60 pts!

Jm-am ...it wont hurt to try and send the letter right? The worst that can happen is they dont remove it right? Will it hurt my chances of getting a gw letter to work if I send that dispute letter?
Valued Contributor
JM-AM

No it wont hurt to try and I actually encourage it. Some times things slip through the cracks.

Good luck Im cheering you on. :smileyhappy:
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Established Member
jjmtmj126

JM-AM, I was just recearching my situation on google, and I came across another forum topic that you responded to.  The OP was asking if a recent collection that will be 8 months old when they begin the mortgage process would hurt them.  Your responce was:  "As far as payed off collections with 0 balances should have no impact."

As I stated in my original post, a $67 collection popped up and I paid it that same day.  Others that have responded have said that I will have to wait a year.  What do you think?

Established Member
jjmtmj126

UPDATE:  After speaking to THREE different lenders, each one said having this new collection on my credit report will NOT hurt my chances of getting a loan, FHA or conventional!  The only thing that is now a factor is my score.....I'm hoping I'll be able to get it back up.  It's at 624 right now and I just have to get it up to 640 for FHA.....  So THANK GOD we don't have to wait a year due to some stupid $67 bill!  

Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

Re: UPDATE! HELP! New collection popped up and dropped score 60 pts!

That is wonderful news!!! Do you have any credit cards you can pay down? When are you looking to close?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Established Member
jjmtmj126

Re: UPDATE! HELP! New collection popped up and dropped score 60 pts!

well.... I was told to keep small balances on my cards because of FHA's new rule of including credit card minimum payment in your debt payments, so I have 3 cards that have small balances on them ($10, 15 and $25) and then I do have one card with a $350 balance... I could pay that down and hopefully that will raise my score.  

We are just in the searching phase right now... just looking at houses so nothing is set yet.  I just want to make sure EVERYTHING is in order this time, so we don't have a repeat of last year where we lost the house just a few days before closing....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}