Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE! Please help! I swear I can't breathe 😕

tag
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please help! I swear I can't breathe 😕

Ex only gave me the option to dispute the account. They will not call them. I then spoke to someone else at the university of Phoenix and she claims to have found a match but she refused to give me information becasue I said I have never attended their school. I'm really stuck. 😕

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 60
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

UofP is full of it.  If it's your SSN and you can provide proof, they should provide you with information.   If you dispute it, all they are going to do is validate it...especially if your ssn comes up in their system.

You need to speak to someone higher up at UofP and tell them that if you lose your house because of their error you will sue them.  That's ridiculous.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 12 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

@frugalQ wrote:

i agree with frustrated....call Univ of Phoenix accounting office and demand they correct this issue today and update the CB's immediately.

in the meantime, is EX the only report it posted to?  is this your mid or high score?  is your 'low' score still within qualifying range?  if EX is the only impacted report, i'm hoping your other scores keep you in qualifying range.  Just in case UofP is slow to update, you can get a letter in writing that they made a mistake and is fixing the issue.  then you can provide the letter to your LO and continue on.

My biggest worry for you, though, is identity theft.  UofP is a large university system and I would be shocked if they made a huge clerical error like typing the incorrect ssn.   

i'll be praying that this all works out for you.

Thank you I appreciate it. I just got off the phone with University of Phoenix and they are unable to locate me on their files. They said that the only thing I can do is dispute the account. Ugh I don't know what to do.  Now I'm on the phone with EX and they are telling me to file a dispute which can take 30 days. I'm waiting to see if someone can call Univ of Phoenix and confirm that this is not my account and remove from my record but I don't know if they will do this for me 😕😕😕

My mid mortgage score was 680 and now it is 642. Not sure what the qualifying score is. 

That really sucks.. If they can't find you in their files shouldn't that be telling them they made a mistake?  I don't get this people.  Keep hounding them until the remove it. Maybe a quick mention of getting an attorney should get their attention?

Exactly what I would do!  This is such crap!  If they don't know you and they made the mistake then it is up to them to fix it immediately!  I would keep calling and keep going over heads until you get the right person.  Nobody should lose their home loan over a MISTAKE!  Tell them you are calling your attorney and that if you lose your home loan you will be following up with a law suit!

Message 13 of 60
apeydee416
Contributor

When it comes to correcting credit in a hurry - go straight to the CFPB.

File a complaint there with the credit agency and UOP.

Also, hit up the Universities Facebook page, there is a lady you'll see respond to posts, Her name is Kim. She was a GODSEND at helping me out with an issue.

Message 14 of 60
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I filed a complaint with the CFPB. Hopefully they will help. I also filed a report with the university's fraud department.

What should I do in the meantime? Should I tell my LO? They are waiting for my go to rerun my report so that they can lock in my rate.
Message 15 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

obsolutely tell your loan officer.. they will find out soon rarther than later.

Message 16 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditobsessed12 is blowing up the phone lines and email when she heard about this-

"y EX fico went down 51 points due to a charge off from the university of Phoenix for $2500. I never even went to school there and have never done business with this place."

So this just came out of nowhere?   I wonder how this happened?  Just a guess but they need to cross check the SSN with the registration and enrollment dept.

MAN, I know this sucks, but take a breath, you WILL eventually get this cleaned up, and the worst that happens you have a delay in closing.

Message 17 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a similar issue. Filed dispute Friday afternoon, Equifax rep told me today it has been removed. For bogus accounts, you may not have to wait long.

Message 18 of 60
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

I called Experian again and they put a fraud alert on my file. They said that if I get a police report that they will remove this account from my file. Should I do this?
Message 19 of 60
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Most lenders won't pull your scores again, they usually just go off your mid-score when you submitted your application.

But they usually do a soft pull to make sure that there is nothing new on there, so this may be a roadblock. 

Call your lender and let them know what happened. Sometimes you can write an explanation for underwriting. It'll just all depend on what underwriting says. 

Get on it ASAP though!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.