Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE! Please help! I swear I can't breathe 😕

tag
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE! Please help! I swear I can't breathe 😕

I received my commitment letter and all conditions but one have been met, appraisal was completed, and title clearance is expected this week. We are supposed to close by end of month. And now I just received an alert of a charge off on my EX report. The only condition that hasn't been completed was a final pull of my credit file. I was waiting for soem good wills and a vacated judgment to update and now I'm in trouble. My EX fico went down 51 points due to a charge off from the university of Phoenix for $2500. I never even went to school there and have never done business with this place. I know I can get this removed eventually but I don't have the time. What should I do??? i can't wait 30 days for an investigation. Omg my biggest nightmare just happened 😢😢😢😢

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help! I swear I can't breathe 😕

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

I received my commitment letter and all conditions but one have been met, appraisal was completed, and title clearance is expected this week. We are supposed to close by end of month. And now I just received an alert of a charge off on my EX report. The only condition that hasn't been completed was a final pull of my credit file. I was waiting for soem good wills to update and now I'm in trouble. My EX fico went down 51 points due to a charge off from the university of Phoenix for $2500. I never even went to school there and have never done business with this place. I know I can get this removed eventually but I don't have the time. What should I do??? i can't wait 30 days for an investigation. Omg my biggest nightmare just happened 😢😢😢😢

I think the first thing I would do, would be to call the University of Phoenix and talk to someone in accounting.  Make them aware of the horrid mistake they have made considering you are in the final stage of homebuying and demand they get it removed ASAP!  TODAY!!  Threaten to call an attorney if someone does not take care of this RIGHT NOW.  I had a creditor do that to me and I had to file complaints and hire an attorney but they were just scammers.  I would think that if you call them they will take care of it.  They can get it removed within 72 hours.  You just have to watch EQ cause they are slow as Christmas when it comes to removing collections.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 60
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

I received my commitment letter and all conditions but one have been met, appraisal was completed, and title clearance is expected this week. We are supposed to close by end of month. And now I just received an alert of a charge off on my EX report. The only condition that hasn't been completed was a final pull of my credit file. I was waiting for soem good wills to update and now I'm in trouble. My EX fico went down 51 points due to a charge off from the university of Phoenix for $2500. I never even went to school there and have never done business with this place. I know I can get this removed eventually but I don't have the time. What should I do??? i can't wait 30 days for an investigation. Omg my biggest nightmare just happened 😢😢😢😢

I think the first thing I would do, would be to call the University of Phoenix and talk to someone in accounting.  Make them aware of the horrid mistake they have made considering you are in the final stage of homebuying and demand they get it removed ASAP!  TODAY!!  Threaten to call an attorney if someone does not take care of this RIGHT NOW.  I had a creditor do that to me and I had to file complaints and hire an attorney but they were just scammers.  I would think that if you call them they will take care of it.  They can get it removed within 72 hours.  You just have to watch EQ cause they are slow as Christmas when it comes to removing collections.  Good luck!

Ok I will do that. Wish me luck. And the one reporting it is EX none of the others are. I'm so afraid. I just pulled my mortgage MYFICO scores and they are TU - 737 EQ-642 and EX is 610. EQ is a lot lower because some cards are showing a high util even though it was paid in full. They are super slow updating.  I'm so scared that the bank will pull my credit and back out Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 60
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

i agree with frustrated....call Univ of Phoenix accounting office and demand they correct this issue today and update the CB's immediately.

in the meantime, is EX the only report it posted to?  is this your mid or high score?  is your 'low' score still within qualifying range?  if EX is the only impacted report, i'm hoping your other scores keep you in qualifying range.  Just in case UofP is slow to update, you can get a letter in writing that they made a mistake and is fixing the issue.  then you can provide the letter to your LO and continue on.

My biggest worry for you, though, is identity theft.  UofP is a large university system and I would be shocked if they made a huge clerical error like typing the incorrect ssn.   

i'll be praying that this all works out for you.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 4 of 60
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

ok, you posted as i was typing. LOL

what was your mid score before this?  what is the minimum required score that you need?

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

Ok I will do that. Wish me luck. And the one reporting it is EX none of the others are. I'm so afraid. I just pulled my mortgage MYFICO scores and they are TU - 737 EQ-642 and EX is 610. EQ is a lot lower because some cards are showing a high util even though it was paid in full. They are super slow updating.  I'm so scared that the bank will pull my credit and back out Smiley Sad

I can only imagine what you are going through right now.  I am at the same point in my loan and I fear that will happen to me too.  Just try to keep it together.  I know that these businesses file collections on a computer and since it's only reporting on one maybe some lackadaisical employee typed in the wrong SS# on only one bureau's website.  That would make sense.  If they did then they can just as easily fix it and I would ask for confirmation that it was corrected in writing!

Message 6 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also , ask your lender if they do a soft pull on your credit or a hard pull. 

i was told by my LO That once they credit approve you .. they no longer hard  pull your credit for scores but only a soft pull to check  for new items such as inquiries or added credit to screw up your DTI

but i would let your loan officer know.

Message 7 of 60
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

i agree with frustrated....call Univ of Phoenix accounting office and demand they correct this issue today and update the CB's immediately.

in the meantime, is EX the only report it posted to?  is this your mid or high score?  is your 'low' score still within qualifying range?  if EX is the only impacted report, i'm hoping your other scores keep you in qualifying range.  Just in case UofP is slow to update, you can get a letter in writing that they made a mistake and is fixing the issue.  then you can provide the letter to your LO and continue on.

My biggest worry for you, though, is identity theft.  UofP is a large university system and I would be shocked if they made a huge clerical error like typing the incorrect ssn.   

Thank you I appreciate it. I just got off the phone with University of Phoenix and they are unable to locate me on their files. They said that the only thing I can do is dispute the account. Ugh I don't know what to do.  Now I'm on the phone with EX and they are telling me to file a dispute which can take 30 days. I'm waiting to see if someone can call Univ of Phoenix and confirm that this is not my account and remove from my record but I don't know if they will do this for me 😕😕😕

My mid mortgage score was 680 and now it is 642. Not sure what the qualifying score is. 

Message 8 of 60
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also , ask your lender if they do a soft pull on your credit or a hard pull. 

i was told by my LO That once they credit approve you .. they no longer hard  pull your credit for scores but only a soft pull to check  for new items such as inquiries or added credit to screw up your DTI

but i would let your loan officer know.

They do hard pulls. I already have 2 hard pulls from them 😕😕

The reason they are pulling my credit again is because I used to have a judgment reporting on EQ and TU and it was vacated. Even though I provided court documentation they want to see it removed from my report.  

Message 9 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

@frugalQ wrote:

Thank you I appreciate it. I just got off the phone with University of Phoenix and they are unable to locate me on their files. They said that the only thing I can do is dispute the account. Ugh I don't know what to do.  Now I'm on the phone with EX and they are telling me to file a dispute which can take 30 days. I'm waiting to see if someone can call Univ of Phoenix and confirm that this is not my account and remove from my record but I don't know if they will do this for me 😕😕😕

My mid mortgage score was 680 and now it is 642. Not sure what the qualifying score is. 

That really sucks.. If they can't find you in their files shouldn't that be telling them they made a mistake?  I don't get this people.  Keep hounding them until the remove it. Maybe a quick mention of getting an attorney should get their attention?

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.